What music did you buy today?

tonym

I had to feed the rock beast in my musical soul with a visit to the downtown Silver Platters in Seattle.

The Jesus And Mary Chain:

--- Psychocandy (Deluxe Edition)

--- Honey's Dead (Deluxe Edition)

Donny Hathaway: Live + In Performance (Many thanks to Lon for mentioning this cd -- Thanks Lon! thumbs_up.gif )

Seam: The Problem With Me

The Hollies: Clarke, Hicks, & Nash Years (The Complete Hollies April 1963 -- October 1965)

The Dave Brubeck Quartet: Jazz: Red Hot & Cool (i'm thinking of getting the Complete Columbia Studio box set, and this is not on it)

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Brubeck: The Columbia Studio Albums Collection 1955-1966. Decided just to go ahead and get it, I've been enjoy Brubeck so much lately, and the price was $100, so I put my wallet on life-support for awhile. Hope it's true that the live albums will come out in the fall.

41cW5%2BS-CIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A little trip to Cardiff to book myself a few days in Paris next month and a slide into Kelly's snagged me

Milt-Jackson-Milt-Jackson-Ray-446567.jpg

Milt Jackson Ray Brown Jam - Pablo live (UK)

Not a red transparent plastic job, just ordinary black vinyl and absolutely covered in dust (with a split cover). I bought it unheard simply because this MUST have been something someone bought and never played. I expect it'll clean up pristine after a wipe with an oily rag.

MG

GREAT album..... living with that one since 8 years old.

A little trip to Cardiff to book myself a few days in Paris next month and a slide into Kelly's snagged me

Not a red transparent plastic job, just ordinary black vinyl and absolutely covered in dust (with a split cover). I bought it unheard simply because this MUST have been something someone bought and never played. I expect it'll clean up pristine after a wipe with an oily rag.

MG

Yes, I'm really enjoying it. Very nearly pristine, after a bit of buffing with a Parostatik. Very glad I got it.

MG

MG

Yes, I'm really enjoying it. Very nearly pristine, after a bit of buffing with a Parostatik. Very glad I got it.

MG

One of the few Pablo's worth keeping. That whole Montreux '77 series pretty much, (I have 9 of them) is solid. The Bags/Ray Brown session has 2 additional tracks: "Thats The Way It Is" issued on the OJC CD of the album, and "Red Top" issued on the "Jam Sessions: Montreux '77" so unless you have those, MG you may wanna be on the look out for. "Oscar Peterson Jam: Montreux '77" I recommend also.

MG

MG

One of the few Pablo's worth keeping. That whole Montreux '77 series pretty much, (I have 9 of them) is solid. The Bags/Ray Brown session has 2 additional tracks: "Thats The Way It Is" issued on the OJC CD of the album, and "Red Top" issued on the "Jam Sessions: Montreux '77" so unless you have those, MG you may wanna be on the look out for. "Oscar Peterson Jam: Montreux '77" I recommend also.

Can't say I'm too keen on OP. Nor Norman Granz - just pick up the odd thing that takes my fancy.

MG

Another trip to Cardiff, to get my tickets for gay Paree. A couple of weeks ago, I passed up the chance to get this in Kelly's:

Earl-Hines-Tour-De-Force-511014.jpg

Earl Hines - Tour de force - Black Lion

and the following day, Jim Sangrey and Larry Kart were going over the top about the LP, and I kicked meself for not getting it. Well, they're never there when you go back for them, are they?

This one was, and in fine nick for a fiver!

Just listening to it now. It seems MUCH more accessible than the title would suggest. Yet another demonstration of the fact that the skill of a great popular musician lies in being able to get through to people who haven't the education to appreciate his skills. Really glad I got this.

And thanks to Jim and Larry.

MG

jones_revjo_jesuschri_101b.jpg

Now where in the name of Hell did you get that from in the UK?

:rfr

MG

:rolleyes: Went to Whitby for a day with the family and on the way up to the Abbey poppd in a little record shop called 'Folk Devils' - which had quite a nice selection of records but this one stood out. I think the man at the counter was as surprised as me when I bought it!

jones_revjo_jesuschri_101b.jpg

Now where in the name of Hell did you get that from in the UK?

:rfr

MG

:rolleyes: Went to Whitby for a day with the family and on the way up to the Abbey poppd in a little record shop called 'Folk Devils' - which had quite a nice selection of records but this one stood out. I think the man at the counter was as surprised as me when I bought it!

WHITBY!!!!!!

:bwallace:

I don't think any American members of the board would understand that.

rob_barlow_whitby_470_353_470x353.jpg

WHITBY!!!!!! (with Whitby Abbey in background)

NOW IT CAN BE TOLD!

MG

I noticed that Berkshire Record Outlet (!) had a bunch of Hat cut-outs, so binged on:

Ran Blake and Anthony Braxton, A Memory of Vienna

Joe McPhee Po Music, Oleo

Stefan Wolpe, Enactments

Archie Shepp, I Know About the Life

Jon Lloyd, Four and Five

John Law, Abacus

Ellery Eskelin, Forms