What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Sugar Mama Blues - 1949 (Biograph). Downhome blues recorded for Regal, with liner notes by Chris Albertson. I picked this one because it has a track by Frank Edwards, known affectionately by us Atlanta blues fans as "Mr. Frank." In about 10 minutes I'm heading to Blind Willie's to hear a friend's blues band, and for years Mr. Frank was a fixture at "his" stool at the end of the bar - always dressed to the nines.

• Replies 55.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Art Pepper--The Way It Was (Contemporary)

Ray Charles and Milt Jackson--Soul Brothers (Atlantic mono)

I used to have that Art Pepper (an OJC reissue). When I went down the path of CD, my sister got it. I wonder if she'd give it me back? <_<

I bought it on Contemporary/Boplicity used vinyl in a second-hand book and record shop on Barlow Moor Road ten years ago. I hope it wasn't your copy traded in by your sister! :lol:

Art Pepper--The Way It Was (Contemporary)

Ray Charles and Milt Jackson--Soul Brothers (Atlantic mono)

I used to have that Art Pepper (an OJC reissue). When I went down the path of CD, my sister got it. I wonder if she'd give it me back? <_<

I bought it on Contemporary/Boplicity used vinyl in a second-hand book and record shop on Barlow Moor Road ten years ago. I hope it wasn't your copy traded in by your sister! :lol:

Come to think of it, I didn't see it when I called round over Christmas! Unless she was burgled, I doubt she'd have let it go - she's a bit of a hoarder.