• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cal Tjader's LATIN CONCERT. Fantasy blue label, which means it was pressed sometime in the 60's? I know it's not an original because it's not that wonderful red vinyl (plus it has a very decidedly 60's picture of Cal on the back instead of the original liner notes). Still, I love watching that blue Fantasy label spin around, and this sounds even better than the OJCCD of this title! Al McKibbon's bass (the REAL Big Al!) sounds like it's right in front of me!

Cal Tjader's LATIN CONCERT. Fantasy blue label, which means it was pressed sometime in the 60's? I know it's not an original because it's not that wonderful red vinyl (plus it has a very decidedly 60's picture of Cal on the back instead of the original liner notes). Still, I love watching that blue Fantasy label spin around, and this sounds even better than the OJCCD of this title! Al McKibbon's bass (the REAL Big Al!) sounds like it's right in front of me!

I believe the red vinyl was used for mono and the blue for stereo. So, you may have an original stereo pressing.

I believe the red vinyl was used for mono and the blue for stereo. So, you may have an original stereo pressing.

That's correct.

DIG on that last one, Clifford!!

I freaking love Volonte!! Tuff Sax!!

BTW, I am still searching for the REARWARD reissue of the 2nd (offered by Rearward), Volonte jam session.

Do you know of this??

---

HB

Don't have that one. Seems like one that Dusty Groove would've had, when they carried Rearward/Schema discs.

Then:

Michael Garrick - Moonscape - (Trunk reissue)

:tup

Check out the sleeve note Clifford with Mr Trunk saying how he picked up that Argo 'Cold Mountain' for £3 in a London back street Classical Music shop. Those days are long gone, alas. :(

:blink: Strangely, I have a couple of digger friends who still have that kind of luck. They don't live anywhere near me, of course...

Ornette Coleman - On Tenor - Atlantic, stereo :( I need a mono pressing, I hate the mix of these stereo's Atlantic.

With the Ornettes I have given up on the vinyl and go for the 'Beauty Is A Rare Thing' CD set. Heresy, I know..

I've got it and the Mingus's Atlantics, obvioulsy well hidden inside the vinyls, my analog religion is inflexible, for one cd they cut one ear off, for a cd box set.... :ph34r:

Edited by porcy62