• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rolf Kuhn "Be my Guest" on Panorama PLP 2008 DG (another hidden treasure from Rolf Kuhn)

el

Don't know that one - must be early (i.e., pre-Joachim) ?

Yes i think it is from 1961-1962 era. Its a sort of concept album, based on songs matching places of the world (for example : Egypt is illustrated by "Caravan") You can also consider that it is a jazz album, period. <_<

Three groups : Sextet with Jack Sheldon, Chuck Wayne, John Bunch, Henry Grimes, Ray Mosca + Rolf

Quintet Jim Hall ..........................................................................

Quartet .................................................................

If i 've understood the Leonard Feather's notes.

Its fine, and in the "Streamline" vein, but inferior (Strealine is a killer)

recorded at "Olmsted Sound New York", Panorama was a little NY based label

Very very hard to find, but of no value, because our friend japanese have little or no interest for this music. Paid my NM copy 13 $. Reissued by VSOP or Fresh Sound

Terry Riley - Rainbow in Curved Air (CBS grey two eye promo)

Terry Riley - In C (CBS Masterworks grey promo)

Does this mean you don't pay for Terry Riley lps? <_<

Oh I paid alrighty but I see what you're getting at.

Back in the day I got "freebies" of these records. Long gone and not replaced.

This afternoon's listening...

Silva, Alan - Luna Surface (180g Get Back re-issue) Sound was a little muddy and distant :(

ROVA - Beat Kennel (Black Saint)

Henry Threadgill - Easily Slip Into Another World (Novus)

Edited by J.H. Deeley

This afternoon's listening...

Silva, Alan - Luna Surface (180g Get Back re-issue) Sound was a little muddy and distant :(

Yeah, my orig clean as it looks is muddy. I'm not convinced that that doesn't add to it, though. It is meant to be dense with very little instrumental separation - a morass more than a field, yet one that still can wash over the listener. That's always been integral to Silva's intent.

Must get around to buying a bit more Peggy Lee.

MG

Get "Black Coffee" on Decca. It's one her jazziest ever, and it's her most easy to find album from her Decca period (a few years in the mid 50s).

Nearly all of her Capitol albums from the 50s up to at least the mid 60s are really solid.

Also, I always loved the live album with George Shearing, "Beauty and the Beat."

Yes - I have "Beauty & the beat" - it was one of the first albums I ever bought and I'm on my third copy now :)

I also had, in those days, a two LP set called "The best of Peggy Lee" on UK Brunswick, from her Decca period. The track that always got me - and I still can hear it over 45 years later - was "Lover". Is that on the "Black coffee" album?

MG

Grant Green's birthday today - in case no one's noticed

Visions - BN UA orig

I hadn't - but 'Visions' will be going on a bit later.

Now playing John Coltrane 'More Lasting Than Bronze' (Prestige 24000 series twofer). Wow - 'Straight Street' sounds pretty damn good on this 70s twofer !