Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-1932137-1319225283.jpeg.jpg

Chris Barber's Jazz Band - New Orleans Parade (UK Columbia 45 RPM). One more Chris Barber record - a single from 1961. Side one is traditional; the flip is a gospel-ish tune by Joe Harriott.

R-4050167-1353663982-6870.jpeg.jpg

John Coltrane - Kulu Sé Mama (Impulse stereo). On to something more serious - I just picked up an original stereo pressing of the last Coltrane album issued during his lifetime. I've had the music for years, spread over two different CD box sets. I love hearing it as Coltrane originally intended, with the original cover art and liner notes.

R-11008810-1508149696-6331.jpeg.jpg

The December Band - Volume II (GHB). Much beloved by trad jazz fans, the December Band was put together for a New England tour in December, 1965. Four New Orleanians - Kid Thomas Valentine, Big Jim Robinson, Captain John Handy, and Sammy Penn - joined with three New Englanders and a Brit (Sammy Rimmington). No less than six LPs were issued from the tour (four under Captain John Handy's name), on Jazz Crusade, GHB, and Pearl. I bought this record on my first visit to New Orleans in 1990.

On 17/12/2018 at 5:34 PM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

My copy has turned out to be an actual Christmas Day present from my wife. Can't wait to hear it. At least, I hope it was in that box that came in the other day. :)

Some interesting comments on discogs that the vinyl is DMM from the same source as the studio masters. Can’t vouch either way but - interesting !

Updated - unlikely, based on info in the box.

Edited by sidewinder