• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno - I've bought from that guy before and it's been fine, but I never go below VG++ in buying an LP online.

I might pay $500 for a clean one if it were to come around. Too bad I just plopped down a fat student loan payment!

Remind me of this the next time you contact me. <_<

"When it comes to money, everyone has the same religion" (Voltaire). <_<

Jazz Bohemia Revisted - Al Francis/ John Neves/ Joe Hunt

Little known classic!

I am kind of a vibes fan to start with but I really like Al Francis' playing. I only know of one other album that he plays on, New Ideas (I think) by Don Ellis.

Lou Blackburn; Two Note Samba. Imperial.

It's pretty beat up but mostly listenable. Not sure what vintage it is.

Early 60s?

Yes. The two lou Blackburn albums are Two Nite Samba and the other one on Imperial are from 62 (IIRC) : both with tpt Freddie Hill and Horace Tapscott IIRC/2). Fine session, reissued on CD o with the title : Perception (anothe reissue on "blue note") Fine music. Quite tough to find on original issue.

Edited by Michel

Early 60s?

Yes. The two lou Blackburn albums are Two Nite Samba and the other one on Imperial are from 62 (IIRC) : both with tpt Freddie Hill and Horace Tapscott IIRC/2). Fine session, reissued on CD o with the title : Perception (anothe reissue on "blue note") Fine music. Quite tough to find on original issue.

Yes, I have the cd. I thought I might dispose of the vinyl. Shame it's not in better shape. It could well be an original stereo issue but I've never seen another copy or another Imperial album for that matter,

Early 60s?

Yes, I have the cd. I thought I might dispose of the vinyl. Shame it's not in better shape. It could well be an original stereo issue but I've never seen another copy or another Imperial album for that matter,

Some imperial Mono were issued with stereo stickers. Stereo imperial are hard to find (and sometimes different mix or take, like the Warne Marsh)