What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Taking a page from the book of The Magnificent Goldberg, I'm listening to a sermon, "The Midnight Revival" by Rev. Jasper Williams, Jr. of Atlanta's Salem Baptist Church on the AIR (Atlanta International Records) label.

Afterwards: The Rev. Williams builds it up like a long Coltrane solo.

Aha!

MG

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A nice afternoon, up and down, turning over LPs :)

Jesse Morrison - The versatility of Jesse Morrison - Abet - nice album with very strange sleeve featuring much green hair D: I met Jesse in 1996; a very nice guy. This LP is like him.

Jack Wilson - The jazz organs - Vault (promo) - Wilson duets with Ghenghis Kyle and Henry Cain. With Gene Edwards, Leroy Vinnegar and Donald Bailey or John Gray and Philly Joe replacing Edwards and Bailey. A very interesting selection of tunes.

The B C & M Choir - My sweet Lord - Creed (black label) - not only the title track but a version of "Let it be me" with completely different words.

King Curtis - Soul twist - Enjoy (Trip)

The Brooklyn All Stars - Walk tall - Jewel - one of my favourite post-fifties gospel quartets.

now

The Dixie Hummingbirds - Live - Peacock (ABC) - one of the last Peacock albums to be released by ABC and there's not a THING missing here.

MG

Good vinyl day today. This evening's music has been

Candy Johnson - Candy's mood - Black & Blue - a wonderful big-sounding tenor player who's a lot less than well-known.

The Violinaires - Groovin' with Jesus - Checker (GRT) Very, very funky Gospel music from '72. Popular numbers include "My sweet Lord", "Let the sunchine in" and a fabulous version of Buddy Miles' "We got to live together".

Willis Jackson - Please Mr Jackson - Prestige (OJC)

now

Bobby Timmons - Do you know the way to San Jose - Milestone (yellow/tan label)

Then goodnight

MG

Earlier: Sun Ra - Hiroshima (Saturn) A solo recorded on the amazing theater organ of Atlanta's Fox Theater.

Now: Sun Ra - The Sound Mirror (Saturn) One side from the great 1978 Italian quartet tour, one side of declamation with accompaniment.

Edited by jeffcrom