Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Are You Experienced?"

This is the original mono album, which I recently inherited. I don't know if it's me or if this copy is shitty (it certainly looks pristine), but it sounds bad. All muffled and distinctly lo-fi in places.

Is it a Reprise or a Track label?

I got an original Track pressing, not even a NM I would say VG, and it doesn't sound bad at all, actually it sound gorgeous with all pops and clicks in the proper place.

Gabor Szabo - Spellbinder (Impulse!)

517F0JXC6RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:tup

Edited by porcy62

Nah, I am for Connery.

Well, Connery is the only Bond of seen, so I have no comparison.

I'm curious about this new Roger Moore guy, though.

'The Man With The Golden Gun' was on TV in High Def in a restored digital version yesterday. Enjoyed it - and remember seeing it and enjoying it on original release. Added bonuses of Christopher Lee and Brit Eckland in it. :rsmile:

Edited by sidewinder

found this at my neighborhood vinyl store while doing laundry today:

David-Sancious-The-Bridge-495701.jpg

$5, very good condition. i love, love, love this record. i assume this is obscure to most here, but me and my friends listened to this one a lot when we were at college and it's got sentimental value beyond compare (me and a buddy played the title track as the processional for a mutual college friend's wedding). plus, there's a lot of beautiful piano playing on it!!! i looked for it about a year back at amazon and found that it hadn't been issued at all on cd, so when i saw it today on vinyl i snapped it up. it sounds great.

That's one I boneheadedly skipped on when I saw a copy for $9.99 several years ago. I'm guessing it was one of those instances where my arms were already full of wax, else it would have made it home. Will have to remember to look for this one again.

I was actually kind of "suspicious" of this one for years - I picked up Recollections, a solo album Brown made a decade later, first. And I was never very fond of Recollections, so I delayed getting the Solo Saxophone for far too long. It's really wonderful.

Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Are You Experienced?"

This is the original mono album, which I recently inherited. I don't know if it's me or if this copy is shitty (it certainly looks pristine), but it sounds bad. All muffled and distinctly lo-fi in places.

Is it a Reprise or a Track label?

I got an original Track pressing, not even a NM I would say VG, and it doesn't sound bad at all, actually it sound gorgeous with all pops and clicks in the proper place.

Gabor Szabo - Spellbinder (Impulse!)

517F0JXC6RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:tup

It's a Track label.

Currently listening to "Aftermath" by the Stones. The older I get, the less seriously I can take the Rolling Stones.

Edited by rdavenport

Currently listening to "Aftermath" by the Stones. The older I get, the less seriously I can take the Rolling Stones.

Why do you keep torturing yourself with all this stuff? I can certainly understand not liking it, but you've played the Beatles, Stones, and Kinks within the last week. (We all know the Beatles and Stones suck, but the Kinks at least were great from 1966-1969). :cool:

Why do you keep torturing yourself with all this stuff? I can certainly understand not liking it, but you've played the Beatles, Stones, and Kinks within the last week. (We all know the Beatles and Stones suck, but the Kinks at least were great from 1966-1969). :cool:

I am in the process of selling these albums on Ebay, and so have to listen to them to ensure they're OK.

Of the Beatles, I only have Sgt Pepper left to do (I did like this for a while in the early 1990s). There are several more Stones albums and, God help me, "Tommy" and "Dark Side Of The Moon". :blink:

Edited by rdavenport