Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-1904113-1251392657.jpeg

I love Knepper, but for some reason (maybe just in my head) he sounds "dated" on this one...I can hear the math...which is weird, because the thing I've always liked about Knepper is how "timeless" he usually sounds...maybe I shouldn't have listened to those two Bill Watrous easy-listening records first.

54655.jpg

You ever have one of those days where you get up not feeling all that great, but you gotta go to work anyway, just because that's your job, that's what you do, and you get there and realize, yeah, I don't feel so great but it's not these people's fault, so you just go on ahead and do your gig and people can tell you're not really feeling that great but they appreciate that you're not taking it out on them and you even joke around a little bit to let them know that you appreciate their appreciation of your deal and soon enough the day is over and you and everybody can go home having done an honest day's work and nobody's fucked anybody over? You ever have a day like that?

I love Knepper, but for some reason (maybe just in my head) he sounds "dated" on this one...I can hear the math...which is weird, because the thing I've always liked about Knepper is how "timeless" he usually sounds...maybe I shouldn't have listened to those two Bill Watrous easy-listening records first.

You're not alone. I love Jimmy Knepper's playing but, for some reason, that one never came across for me either.

You're not alone. I love Jimmy Knepper's playing but, for some reason, that one never came across for me either.

It also strikes me that you could take that cover photo, remove all the typefaces, put the appropriate big white border around it, and almost/pretty much have a LT cover.

It also strikes me that you could take that cover photo, remove all the typefaces, put the appropriate big white border around it, and almost/pretty much have a LT cover.

I think you're almost/pretty much right.

Edited by paul secor