Congratulate me. I just played my last cd

Dmitry

That's it. No more. Basta. E finita la commedia.

Now I know *for sure* where those faint scratches come from. From now on - CD-Rs only. Easy come, easy go.

What do they run now, like a quarter a pop?

You get scraches for your car's CD player? :huh:

I've burned many of my LP's to CD. I then burn a copy from the first CD copy for use in the car. This keeps the master copy clean and ready for making future copies.

When I buy a CD(which is not often) the first thing I do is make a copy for car use.

I don't have a car, so I'm not an expert on this, but MP3-CD seems to become very popular with car stereos now.

The advantage is that 8-12 albums fit on one CD-R (depending on compression rate), while MP3 sound quality is good enough for car listening. From my experience with portable MP3 players and DVD players with MP3 support, navigation on the disc is not much more complicated than with a normal CD.

Edited by Claude

My 6 cd jukebox in my car has been jammed up with a cdr for about a week.

Did the CD-R have a label stuck on it?

Avoid using stick-on labels. They don't adhere well and they can cause the disc to be out of balance.

My Toyota 6 CD changer hasn't had any problems with either CDs or CD-Rs. It also specifically states not to use any stickers on the CDs.

I went through 3 CD players on my last car and only one of them scratched a CD when I hit a hard bump (which was why I switched it out).

Kevin

My 6 cd jukebox in my car has been jammed up with a cdr for about a week.

Did the CD-R have a label stuck on it?

Avoid using stick-on labels. They don't adhere well and they can cause the disc to be out of balance.

My Toyota 6 CD changer hasn't had any problems with either CDs or CD-Rs. It also specifically states not to use any stickers on the CDs.

I went through 3 CD players on my last car and only one of them scratched a CD when I hit a hard bump (which was why I switched it out).

Kevin

Yes, it had a label.

I....forgot?

My car CD player plays any CD when the engine is turned OFF. However, over the last year it selectively refuses to play random CDs when the engine is ON! Normally it either spits them out; or if I get the CD going with the engine off and then turn it on it just stalls (the CD, not the car!!!).

Normally it suddenly comes awake later on the journey - 5 mins or 30 mins!

Totally puzzled!

Edited by Bev Stapleton

Dmitry,

I am curious. Is your car CD player a factory model? If so, what kind of car do you drive?

I ask because I purchased a new car last summer and was also dismayed to find that many of the CD's that I played in my car became scratched. For some reason, it seems as though my Sony CD's are of heartier stock - I have not noticed scratches on any of them. I think that the CD's are getting scratched by the felt dust guard when they are sucked into the player, but I could be wrong.