June 29th RVGs

mgraham333

This batch is the first that I have preordered from CDUniverse.

When can I expect the discs?

I had been ordering from deepdiscountcd.com and my orders took a couple weeks to come in. I switched to CDuniverse for a little more prompt delivery. (I hope).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I would never upgrade RVGs for packaging only. But the fact that the thought even enters my mind indicates a bit of OCD.

However, I would change my Spainish Blue Notes for US releases in a heartbeat even if the sound quality is not as good. The blueness of the Spainish releases repulses me!

Edited by scottb

Sorry to bring this up, but does anyone like how they sound?

So far, I got "Inner Urge" and it sounds much better than the McMaster. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

I've been listening to what's new to me first - Henderson, McLean and Hubbard and they sound fine on the office system - although I haven't been able to give them undivided attention.

I'll be able to A/B both the Dexter and the Blakey once I get home.

Other than the packaging and disc color quibbles I think this is a pretty good batch.

This batch is the first that I have preordered from CDUniverse.

When can I expect the discs?

I had been ordering from deepdiscountcd.com and my orders took a couple weeks to come in. I switched to CDuniverse for a little more prompt delivery. (I hope).

I usually order mine from CD Universe. They will probably be here by Friday!

Just goes to show again that EMI views its paying customers as criminals.

What a great customer relationship they are building.

They SUCK!!!!

Every single packaging change is just ONE more damn stupid annoyance that makes you just not want to buy the damn things!

Of course, I probably will buy some, eventually.

By the way, I would never upgrade RVGs for packaging only. But the fact that the thought even enters my mind indicates a bit of OCD.

However, I would change my Spainish Blue Notes for US releases in a heartbeat even if the sound quality is not as good. The blueness of the Spainish releases repulses me!

Yeah, what's UP with that?

Whoever OKed those blue covers must have been high.

Just goes to show again that EMI views its paying customers as criminals. What a great customer relationship they are building.

In my opinion, pre-recorded CD-based music is a slowly, dying technology. The big recording companies are trying what they think will work, grabbing at straws, to keep selling their wares. Rather than work with the new technology, or find better marketing techniques, they choose to place 'guilty' labels all over the product, and remind those of us who buy the product that we could be criminals if we aren't careful. The management of these businesses must be a very unimaginative group, far removed from the desires of the customers. The big recording companies can't enforce the 'FBI warning' nonsense. They can't stop the geeks from cracking their anti-copy technology.

I'm certain that candlemakers must have had a good bit of business till the electric light was invented. Yet, the electric light has endured while the candle has not.

The recording companies don't offer more competitive pricing, they don't offer a better-quality product, and they don't offer anything 'real' to make their product sell better. Not to mention competition for the disposable dollar from computer software, DVDs, and other such items.

Mosaic offers a good product, packaged and marketed well. For me, I don't want a copy of a Mosaic set. I want the real set. The full experience. The genuine article. Until the large recording companies find a better way to create, market, and sell their product, such as what Mosaic is already doing, the large recording companies aren't going to sell their product. All the legal threats in the world won't make the consumer buy the product. An FBI warning and a copy-protect label is nothing short of a sharp stick in the eye to those consumers who have paid legitimate money for a legitimate product.

EMI: I'll miss the Blue Note product, but, I hope you go to bankruptcy with your FBI warnings and notices of copy-protection. F.U.

Edited by wesbed

Put the stickers/warnings all over, but make them removable. I can't believe these guys would mess with album covers, especially BN's. I already keep a magnifying glass handy to read the liner notes.

I buy cigars that can come in very beautiful boxes. The warning stickers are removable.

Once again, the irony of forcing digital(and now, newer better technolgy :D ) down our throats has me LMAO. Couple this with the public domain issues that will be kicking them in the ass very soon and I have no idea how they will survive.

Thank goodness there is Japan that treats the product and customers with respect.

Also, I'm glad there is still tons of vinyl available, both new and used.

Alas, I probably can't afford to upgrade to RVG edition from McMasters - would rather invest in sessions I don't have. Blue Note catalogue is a limited resource - they only have so many titles - and I think it's cool that there's an ongoing attempt to perpetuate the music through a series like RVG...& now and then, they sneak in an obscure one like "Tender Moments" or "Goin' West"... ^_^

Are the new releases still compressed to death?

Now, *that's* a good question. I haven't upgraded to RVG that often (the Monks and Powells come to mind - which were actually good). I recently bought the JRVGs of both Grant Green's "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and Jackie Mclean's "It's Time". You know the ones in the LP replica sleeves. I know it's subjective but, compared to the Mosaic versions of both, the JRVGs are terrible. He's taken the warm stereo spread of the Cuscuna version and made it sound a like listening to a mono version over an AM radio.

:angry:

That being said, I'm considering getting the new RVG Mclean. Guess I'll never learn.

when the new rvgs arrive at borders before the release date, they stock 'em in the back and then forget to put them on the shelves on the relaese date.

ask them to look up the cd in their computer system and then they'll go search for it the stock room or sometimes on the new cds cart.

happens all the time at borders, they are not well organized.

ss1

Got my order from cduniverse today, two days after release date!!!

I think I've found a new hookup. At least for the new RVG releases.

Scott,

I told you they are quick, I received mine today also! I'm spinning the McLean right now....sounds great!

Is it just me, or are some of those t-shirt designs SWEET.  I need to get myself a Unity t-shirt.

Guy

Me too. I want a full set. Do you think the European T's are copy protected? Have the US ones got the FBI logo on the back?

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep, the FBI logo is there. I copied a disc to see if it works and it does. Shhhhhh, don't tell the FBI ;) !

ask them to look up the cd in their computer system and then they'll go search for it the stock room or sometimes on the new cds cart.

happens all the time at borders, they are not well organized.

I've done this at Borders also and, sure enough, the new release was back in the stock room. I'm heading out tomorrow to pick up the Blakey.

I'm loving them so far. I picked up all except for Blue Mitchell, which I have in the Mosaic. "Inner Urge" is a vast improvement over the 80's CD. And I had never heard "Buhania's Delight" or "Action" before....both are fantastic. This was a great batch.