OJ Simpson Ten Years Later

In O.J. Simpson's Criminal Trial, I believe  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd be interested to know who honestly believes Furhman planted the glove.

Call me crazy, but I do belive that O.J. did it, and that the LAPD planted evidence to make sure they got a conviction. Just living in SoCal for so long gives me a creepy feeling about LAPD.

Call me crazy, but I do belive that O.J. did it, and that the LAPD planted evidence to make sure they got a conviction. Just living in SoCal for so long gives me a creepy feeling about LAPD.

That might not be impossible. Not at all.

But the whole thing is creepy!

Just the simple fact that Simpson could get away with a 'not guilty' sentence is just as creepy!

Well, I guess the easy response would be to say yes indeed, you are crazy. :P

Do you specifically believe that the glove was planted or that blood was spread around? I have to ask, because to believe that Furhman took a bloody glove from Nicole's entryway to Simpson's house and planted it behind the wall, when he could not possibly know if Simpson could be a suspect or if he had an alibi or anything like that is past crazy. It betrays all logic and rationality.

There's no way that when they left the murder scene and went to OJ's house could Furhman have the foresight to know that it would be a good idea to bring the glove and plant it there. But I guess he was just lucky that Cato told him about the weird noise and that gave him the perfect place to plant the glove, right?

I take back what I said above.

You're fucking crazy.

Edited by Dan Gould

Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!

Johnny Cochran is a despicable slime bag, but he was skillful. Of course he was helped along by the incredibly inept Marsha Clark and the fumbling LAPD.

The jury, well, I hope those idiots can sleep at night. This was clearly a pre-determined outcome for most of them, and a dumber jury would be hard to find.

The mere fact that OJ's declared efforts to find "the real killer" never materialized tells us a lot. If we are to believe him, there is a vicious killer on the loose--well, some of us saw him on Court TV last night. He gave a predictably unconvincing performance, but I had hoped for better questions from the interviewer.

As for Furman, Marsha Clarke should have done her homework, but I really don't think he planted anything.

Ito also bears some blame for this injustice--he was a publicity-seeking jerk. Well, it didn't get him very far, did it?

Guilty, no question. I might be able to buy the bit (in theory, not in the implausible specifics that Dan outlines above) that the cops did some tampering if O.J. was a more, uh, average black man. But this man was a celebrity, and in L.A. that's more important than being black or white. Everyone loved him; I used to work two doors away from O.J.'s house and saw him often (though never met him). The only ones who saw this as a racial issue/crime was the jury... :wacko:

I think Clark and Darden did their best. Not so sure about the LAPD.

It would be interesting if District Attorney's offices were able to pay millions of dollars for lawyers, like the defense did. You might have seen a "Dream Team" for the prosection of equal caliber to the defense's. Then perhaps you would have had more convincing arguments leading to a guilty conviction. Obvious point, but the legal system seems skewed towards whoever has the money. If a defendant is wealthy, s/he can afford better lawyers (and a slew of them in OJ's case), and can get a guilty person acquitted.

Interesting, perhaps, but far, very far, from a slam dunk.

He questions the lack of blood on the gas pedal of the Bronco? Well, from the footprints leading away from the crime scene, the trail fades away and stops. Obviously the blood wore off the sole of the shoe before he got to the car.

I also find it hard to believe that a man so psychologically damaged, who had previously had suicidal thoughts and actions, could kill his step mom and an innocent man, and never confess, never attempt suicide again.

Also, how did the glove get to Simpson's house? The limo driver was there early. No one around. No car on the street. He hangs out. He waits. Then a single man appears, walks into the house and lights go on, etc., etc.

The timeline was tight to begin with. How the heck does OJ go to the crime scene after the fact, to deal with what Jason supposedly did, and still make it in time?

If OJ was called away by his son to deal with this, he would have had to be called away before the murders happened!

There is no way in hell that OJ goes to the crime scene if he isn't the killer. The timeline completely breaks down under that assumption.

And there's no way in hell the glove gets to OJ's estate if he's not the killer.

Edited by Dan Gould

Interesting, perhaps, but far, very far, from a slam dunk.

He questions the lack of blood on the gas pedal of the Bronco? Well, from the footprints leading away from the crime scene, the trail fades away and stops. Obviously the blood wore off the sole of the shoe before he got to the car.

So, you're telling me that O.J.'s shoes had enough blood on them to leave footprints, but no other part of O.J. had any blood to leave traces in his car? Also, that all traces of blood had worn off on the driveway so nothing was left?

As to your theory that, in L.A. money is more important that race -- forget it. There would have be nothing better for these Simi Valley cops than to nail a rich, Africa-American. There are still a lot of unanswered questions about this murder.

EDIT: Sorry Dan, the money more important than race idea was RDK's -- my bad!

Edited by Matthew

I don't blame the jury. The defense team, with able assistance by a star struck prosecution team, was able to create a reasonable doubt. That dumb detective walked around with blood samples in his pocket effectively calling into the question the whole chain of custody issue. And the expert witnesses about DNA were good at what they did. Why didn't they get attacked by the public? Johnny Cochran is not a sleazbag. He's a damn fine attorney you would be lucky to have defend you in a criminal trial.

I believe OJ did it and got away with it. There are plenty of black folks who agree with that. The trial was a farce. I don't blame the jury. If you want to blame somebody, blame Gil Garcetti's failed record as the LA DA.

This poll is meaningless.

If you took a poll of Los Angeles innercity people. The results would be the same as 10 years ago.

What was left off the checklist is the fact that he's RICH. He had money to make the system work for him.

Now, how many people think that Ted Kennedy committed murder??????

He's a free man too. :unsure:

Anybody see Conan O'Brian last night? He had a silly character on called "Man Who Is A Fan of the Naked Gun Movies Wakes Up From an 11 Year Coma". The guy is asking about all this stuff and asks about OJ, who acted in one of those movies. Conan says, "Well, he just did an interview... take a look..."

They cut to his interview on CNN and he says, "Well, things are going great. My son is graduating from high school...." and lists all these normal things that are happening.

They cut back to coma man and he screams in horror, "OH MY GOD! OJ IS A MURDERER!!!!!!!"

Very funny.