Euro 2004

A deserved 1-0 lead for Portugal at halftime. Beautiful goal by Ronaldo.

Nice first half!

Yep & Figo's on fire!

At 1- 0 the Dutch are still in it , & have been let off the hook first half , maybe luck is on there side.

Edited by Gary

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home, didn't see the game. From what I heard it could have been a far worse result for the Dutch. Good luck to Portugal in the final, they will need it if the Czech are the opponents.

Time for the Dutch to change managers and start building a new and better team for the World Cup 2006 qualification (where they will meet the Czech Republic again...)

Edited by J.A.W.

you may have wondered why the Dutch were so silent on this thread today. It was not only because I was away from my 'puter, but also because I for one never thought this Dutch team had shown enough to reach the finals. And it is also because I have been way too busy being bothered by the German commentator (throughout the tournament, he increased his bullshit efforts extra special 'cause this is a semi-final... <_< ). The result is like it should be. The Dutch played some nice stuff, some had pretty brilliant ideas, but brilliancy could not work really with this team. Too many too individual players who have not shown enough of a team spirit. Did I say not enough? Make that almost none....

So, may the football gods be kind and may those CRAZY Portugese win! They have shown us how to play the game.

you may have wondered why the Dutch were so silent on this thread today. It was not only because I was away from my 'puter, but also because I for one never thought this Dutch team had shown enough to reach the finals. And it is also because I have been way too busy being bothered by the German commentator (throughout the tournament, he increased his bullshit efforts extra special 'cause this is a semi-final... <_< ). The result is like it should be. The Dutch played some nice stuff, some had pretty brilliant ideas, but brilliancy could not work really with this team. Too many too individual players who have not shown enough of a team spirit. Did I say not enough? Make that almost none....

So, may the football gods be kind and may those CRAZY Portugese win! They have shown us how to play the game.

Absolutely right. The bullshit factor is rising constantly. It was embarrassing enough to just mute the TV and put on some Thad Jones. Went well with the Portuguese moves ...

Cheers!

Those crazy Portuguese are invading the streets of Paris. The large Portuguese population here is on its way to invade the Champs-Elysees avenue to celebrate. They have good reasons to be happy!

Wow, that could be a very short and noisy night for you! B) ^_^

Absolutely right. The bullshit factor is rising constantly. It was embarrassing enough to just mute the TV and put on some Thad Jones. Went well with the Portuguese moves ...

did the same thing.

Incredible, the guy thinks he can bring us the final analysis of every fart any player lets go. Really obnoxious this time. I hope he gets fired along with Tante Käthe

Second semifinal this evening. I think the Czech Republic team will have but little problems to get to the final.

The Greek team has played well so far but, let's face it, they are not in the same league as the Czechs. I hope we will see serious soccer!

I nreally look forward to a Czech Republic-Portugal final. No betting on that one for me!

first we deal with Czech vs. Greece. The Greeks were all smiling just now, none of the Czechs were. This is the first game in which the Czechs are no longer the "underdog" or the "secret tip." Let's see how they handle it, I hope they show they have grown with their image.

A thoroughly enjoyable first half. The Greeks are playing better than I expected from them. No goals yet but I fell some coming...

The Czech players are having a hard time but they maintain well so far. Boy, they're going to miss Nedvev...

Edited by brownie

A rather disappointing game so far.

You're being very harsh for this lively confrontation!

I can't deny I was a bit bored...

drink more, it helps... ^_^

Still more coffee?? I'm having my fifth now...

and you're still not shaking out off your chair?! good grief!