Euro 2004

A rather disappointing game so far.

You're being very harsh for this lively confrontation!

I can't deny I was a bit bored...

drink more, it helps... ^_^

Still more coffee?? I'm having my fifth now...

and you're still not shaking out off your chair?! good grief!

I was already restless due to lack of music... (My speakers are still at the doctor's)

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm drinking harder stuff. It obviously shows :wacko::g

I'm drinking harder stuff. It obviously shows :wacko::g

:g

I was already restless due to lack of music... (My speakers are still at the doctor's)

we'll know from your increased posting frequency in the "listening to" thread when they return and will want to know what it's like to have them overhauled. Pity the tournament will be over by then and you won't be able to watch it de-grumpified.

we'll know from your increased posting frequency in the "listening to" thread when they return and will want to know what it's like to have them overhauled. Pity the tournament will be over by then and you won't be able to watch it de-grumpified.

I will remain grumpified for a long, long time...

mount olymp is standing strong. not many defensive mistakes, not much for the Czechs to take advantage of. 't Was entertaining. Hope this does not go into penalty kicks. If the Greeks would win this, I would not be totally upset, Czechia was pretty disappointing...

and FEGH it, the czechs blew it like I was afraid they would: not able to create chances and against a team that does NOT make any mistakes in the defense, that tactic is not going to work. Too heavily dependent on counter attacks overall.

I really, really, really like this tournament. A final game no one could have dreamt up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Greek did a big Danish'92 on us :g

I wouldn't be surprised if the Greek did a big Danish'92 on us  :g

That's exactly what I was thinking... :excited:

I think the Portuguese have the better team though. On second thoughts, that doesn't mean much in this tournament...

Edited by J.A.W.

The better/best teams have emerged: Portugal and Greece

I still think the Czechs have a better team than Greece, but they missed too many chances tonight.

everyone agrees that the Czechs are better technically, but how much of that have they shown, or rather, how much of that were they able to show? Not much to be honest. And that may account for the previous game as well. The Greek team can be criticised for playing too defensive, but that's a bit of a short curve. Yes, they were defensive, but they were offensive as well. Them Greeks made many many miles today (as in the previous matches), none of them felt too important too march all the way back to the own half when necessary. These guys showed some definite effort and that should be appreciated for what it is. They won because they wanted to and because no one and no expectation forced them to. Pretty convincingly good football making the very best of limited means. :tup

i dunno what to say about the final game but based on my previous experience with Luiz Felipe Scolari, Portugal will clinch the title.

UEFA should think seriously where all this "business football" is taking European Football. this Euro2004 is at the same ridiculous level of the WC2002.

Marcus