ORGANISSIMO TOURS MICHIGAN IN AUGUST

If anyone is planning to be anywhere near or in Michigan during the period from August 12th - August 18th, you can check us out in a concert setting with special quest, my father, tenor legend Arno Marsh...

Thurs, 7 till 9:00pm - Rotary Pavilion, Downtown Cadillac - "Upbeat Cadillac",

Fri, 7 till 9:00pm - Rambadt Park, Reed City "Crossroads Picnic Showcase" 1/2 mile E of 131 & US 10 -

Sat, 7 till 9:00pm - Wenger Pavilion, Baldwin - "Sounds from the Forest"

Sun, 2 till 4:00pm - Waterfront Park, Ludington - "Ludington WaterFront ShowCase" ( This gig is tentative and may not happen )

7 till 11:00pm, - Gull Landing, Downtown Pentwater

Mon, 7 till 9:15pm Waterfront Stadium-Grand Haven - "Stompin at the Stadium"

Rainsite @ Grand Haven Community Center

Tue, 7 till 9:15pm, - First St Beach, Douglas Park - "Manistee ShoreLine ShowCase"

Wed, 7 till 11:00pm, - Gull Landing, Downtown Pentwater - "We’ve Got the Hump Day Blues & All That Jazz"

Edited by randissimo

Hate to miss that!

Hope you will record it so that we can share the experience.

Was listening to Arno Marsh featured on several solos (along Bill Perkins and Dick Hafer) of the Woody Herman 1952 band appearances that came out on Jazz Band!

What a player! What a band!

Hate to miss that!

Hope you will record it so that we can share the experience.

Was listening to Arno Marsh featured on several solos (along Bill Perkins and Dick Hafer) of the Woody Herman 1952 band appearances that came out on Jazz Band!

What a player! What a band!

It'll be an interesting tour... ;)

Does the band ever get gigs in the NYC area? I would love to come hear you live.

Unfortunately we don't have the connections or resources right now to gig in NYC... In fact, if you know of any management or booking agencies we'd be interested.

We've been trying to book and promote ourselves and haven't yet been able to get much beyond local & statewide gigs.. The highpoint of our career so far has been a jazz festival last October in Clearwater, Fla that was very well recieved.. We would love to get out there and play on a larger scale..

I thought I would make the schedule a little easier to read:

Thursday, August 12 - Rotary Pavilion, Cadillac, MI - "Upbeat Cadillac" - 7:00pm to 9:15pm

Friday, August 13 - Rambadt Park, Reed City, MI - "Crossroads Picnic Showcase" - 7:00pm to 9:15pm

Saturday, August 14 - Wenger Pavilion, Baldwin, MI - "Sounds from the Forest" - 7:00pm to 9:15pm

Sunday, August 15 - Waterfront Park, Ludington, MI - "Ludington WaterFront ShowCase" - 2:00pm to 4:00pm

Sunday, August 15 - Gull Landing, Pentwater, MI - 7:00pm to 11:00pm

Monday, August 16 - Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven, MI - "Stompin at the Stadium" - 7:00pm to 9:15pm

Tuesday, August 17 - First St. Beach, Manistee, MI - "Manistee ShoreLine ShowCase" - 7:00pm to 9:15pm

Wednesday, August 18 - Gull Landing, Pentwater, MI - 7:00pm to 11:00pm

My plan is to record most if not all the gigs. I just have to get a couple extra harddrives! :)

Does the band ever get gigs in the NYC area? I would love to come hear you live.

Unfortunately we don't have the connections or resources right now to gig in NYC... In fact, if you know of any management or booking agencies we'd be interested.

We've been trying to book and promote ourselves and haven't yet been able to get much beyond local & statewide gigs.. The highpoint of our career so far has been a jazz festival last October in Clearwater, Fla that was very well recieved.. We would love to get out there and play on a larger scale..

If I come up with anything to get you out on a larger scale, I would sure to foward it to you.

I know of musicians that have used this site to get more gigs.

http://www.gigmasters.com/liveband/

If I come up with anything to get you out on a larger scale, I would sure to foward it to you.

I know of musicians that have used this site to get more gigs.

http://www.gigmasters.com/liveband/

Thanks Hard Bop.. Your interest and suggestions are much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Pops is playin' things I've never heard him play before !! Gull Landing Sunday night was our best night so far. Lots of creative moments..

Waterfront stadium, Grand Haven, Mi Monday @ 7pm, 1st st. Beach, Manistee, MI on Tuesday @ 7pm, & back to Gull Landing, Pentwater MI, on Wednesday.

Schmeerkase, the booty! Where did you find the booty in your avatar? LOL.

You've been sounding very fine on the air of late Scott, and those movie reviews kill me. Ah, boring; then, oh so much more boring. !!

You want to go hear Sonare at Krauftbrau?

Randy, gang, you know letting a three year old loose near an open pier tends to blunt the social conventions. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat, but she's a little rascal. Have to keep your eyes on those little ones.

You guys sounded great, and your Pops was swinging!

Now it's my turn to spin some new Arno. Yeah!

LV

Lazaro Baby: Yeah, Sonare sounds appropriately scary!! I'm so there! Three fire breathing Godzilla saxophone screamers. Herr Brotz crushing Kalamazoo in a barrage of howling mulitphonic ululations. And only the Kraftbrau nectar to keep us safe...

Glad my boredoms you have been enjoying. This week I'm seeing "Garden State" and have high hopes. Natalie Portman is the booty, and even though she's a skinny thing I am eager to glom onto her grin. Skinny booty baby.

Oh, and "Shaun of the Dead." It's gotta be a hoot.

I have been enjoying your sounds, too, especially since I'm usually really drunk. Whoopie!

Randy yer Dad's disc is killin'... I played it all (almost) Sunday.

More tonight

Well Mr. Nessa came out tonight and hung out with Arno and the trio! We had a blast! We played outside on the Gull Landing deck during a torrential downpour and lived to tell about it! :)

I recorded all the gigs, although most are unusable due to technical problems that arose (I learned a lot on this tour about mobile recording: Namely, clean power is not a given at any location and that microphone splitters are my new best friend) but we did get all of tonight's show (all three hours of it) which should have some fine moments. If all goes well, we'll be releasing a CD of Organissimo featuring Arno Marsh! Yippee!

Lazaro, it was good to see you in Grand Haven.