Burning Audio tapes onto CD

bebopbob

I bought a Marantz CD Recorder ("burner") component in 2002 which has enabled me to transfer my LP records onto CD but I cannot seem to record audio tapes on CD. I have a few radio broadcasts on tape that I'd like to transfer onto CD.

Can this be done? If so, what do I need to do or buy?

Thanks.

The tapes I have are cassettes.

Looking at my stereo, my CD recorder is connected to my amplifier (NAD). My turntable is connected to the amplifier through a "pre-amp" box. My cassette deck is likewise directly connected to my amplifier.

I must confess that I know almost nothing about setting up audio equipment.

The way that you were able to transfer the lps to cd, should be the same for tape. If you have your recorder "ready," that is it is receiving an input signal from your source, then you can record anything that is connected to your amp. Radio, for instance. All your amp needs to be is set to what you want to play. In this case, your cassette deck. Have the amp set to that, then fire up the recorder. This, of course, assumes that you have your cassete deck output jacks (connected to play) linking to your amp (connected to tape in, aux, or whatever).

Just a note.. and it may qualify as stupid, but on my CD burner I often forget to switch the input to analog for tapes etc. This generally happens after copying CDs.. and also imbibing a couple of beers, then trying to copy tapes.

A few curses and a flip of the switch puts it right.