Favorite

cannonball-addict

Who is your favorite electric jazz pianist  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...

Besides Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer, the German Hohner made an Electra Piano that had a very distinctiove sound and was widely used in Europe - was somewhat more affordable than a Rhodes over here, IIRC.

Gordon Beck used to play one of these, got a beautiful sound from it.

There is a Nucleus LP where he and Dave McRae on a Rhodes deliver great contrast and nice comparison of the two instruments.

Guest akanalog

i think if george duke's MPS albums were more readily available (how about reissuing some of them instead of every freaking hans koller album!) more people would vote for him. his MPS work plus his work with zappa (most of the live performances i have heard from '73 include some long features for a ring modulated duke) makes him the champ for me.

Have to vote for Chick. Was just listening to the Nov. 3 '69 "Masqualero", where he takes a five minutes solo -- yowza. Herbie and Joe come in 2nd and 3rd.

There is a real nice cd of the "Lost Quintet" called:

Title: IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME

Date: July 1969

Release: Jazz Door #1294

That has some of the best Chick w/ Miles that I have heard.