How big is yours?

Hardbopjazz

How many CD's and records do you own  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a wonder they know what you're talking about when somebody says, "Why am I  keep repeating myself. I sound like a broken record!"

You would think they would of changed it to, 'skipping cd' by now.  :P

Old habits die hard.

Even reviewers who are staring at a shiny 5" disc

call new releases "records" - "a review of ________'s new record"

Rod

---

Now playing: Can - Halleluhwah

I use the term "records" all of the time, much to the confusion of those around me.

It makes sense--at least as much sense as "albums" did when describing LPs, not albums of 78s as it used to. I look at it as a record of the artist's work.

My mother-in-law calls them all tapes. CDs, LPs, the whole lot. :)

It's not the size that matters, but the quality of your collection.  It's just so happens that I have a exceptional (and quite LARGE) collection.  My wife seems to enjoy it.  She brags to her friends all the time. B-)

Then maybe some of her friends also would like to enjoy your collection? ^_^

Edited by Ron S

It's not the size that matters, but the quality of your collection.  It's just so happens that I have a exceptional (and quite LARGE) collection.  My wife seems to enjoy it.  She brags to her friends all the time. B-)

Then maybe some of her friends also would like to enjoy your collection? ^_^

Funny you should say that. Sometimes my wife throws parties and her and all her girls friends lay around the house and enjoy my ample collection. Of course they all have different tastes. Some like the hard driving stuff. Others like the soft and slow approach. Luckily my collection has something for everybody. But I'll tell ya', those girls give my collection quite the workout. Some of them even want to listen to my record collection as well, but I save that for the mrs. ;)

Edited by Johnny E