What's for Dinner?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Having what I (at least in my addled head) amusingly call 'bacheloritis', I make pretty much what I damn please. And since dinner is usually for one the good news is that I have only to please a guy kown as me :party: ***

So tonight I made a concoction that went down mighty easy: dill, garlic, bananas, apples, grape tomatoes in an improvised sauce of off-the-shelf peanut sauce, Dannon lemon yogurt (most of which was in fact saved for dessert), and the parmesan cheese that came with the Near East couscous I served it over.

In a paper plate, naturally.

***Note to those who may think "aw, what a 'loney guy'", don't waste your time. I'm just busy and most of the women I meet are either 'jazz floozies' (not interested whatever), too young, or not what I call "oak trees" (self-explanatory in my mind, but if you don't get it, fair enough: I mean someone solid, capable of providing comfort, support, shade etc.).

Edited by fasstrack

That show is show dangerous. I watch it late at night and I get soooooo frickin' hungry. Some of those joints are just out of sight.

Did you see the one where he went to the burger place (The Squeeze Inn) in Sacramento? The burgers have a huge "cheese skirt" that hangs over the sides onto the plate. I was out there last summer and made a special trip to check it out. No, not healthy food by any means, but very tasty.

Edited by Free For All

When I have the time to make the sauce from scratch I like this recipe. It's basic, simple and fast. Tweak as desired (for example, some might want less sugar- I like it with a little sweetness and heat).

PIZZA SAUCE

* 3 garlic cloves, minced

* 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

* 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree

* 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes

* 2 tablespoons brown sugar

* 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

* 1 teaspoon dried basil

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Brown garlic in olive oil. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for awhile.

I expect catesta has a recipe that will totally trump this one.......... :rhappy:

Edited by Free For All