LF: Woody Shaw

Hello all,

I really want to find Woody Shaw with the Tone Jansa Quartet, I think on the Red Label(?)

If anybody could point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative. Unfortunately(or fortunately, however you look at it :P ) I don't own a credit card, but if someone knows where to find this disc I will gladly reimburse the individual.

Thanks for any help!

Bill

I just received my first-ever issue of Cadence and happened to be browsing their catalog. Whatta ya know, they have a copy of this. It's listed as being on the Timeless label, #221. You can order from Cadence via a cheque or money order as well, although if you're not a subscriber to the magazine, you have to pay a $2.50 surcharge. The price for this disc is $15.

Guest Chaney

Cadence is a pain in the *ss when it comes to their added costs but if they actually have it, you'd better get it as this one is (as I'm sure you realize) a hard find.

Cadence is a pain in the *ss when it comes to their added costs but if they actually have it, you'd better get it as this one is (as I'm sure you realize) a hard find.

Are you a subscriber, Chaney? I recently started a subscription and thought that once you were a subscriber and the $2.50 surcharge was eliminated, then ordering cds, books, etc. wouldn't be that costly. Of course, I haven't really looked into ordering anything yet, so there may be some costs that I'm not aware of (hopefully not).

Edited by pryan

Guest Chaney

Are you a subscriber, Chaney? I recently started a subscription and thought that once you were a subscriber and the $2.50 surcharge was eliminated, then ordering cds, books, etc. wouldn't be that costly. Of course, I haven't really looked into ordering anything yet, so there may be some costs that I'm not aware of (hopefully not).

I'm not a subscriber and I've not ordered from Cadence since they began this little subscribe-or-pay-extra ploy. Just my own fickle decision. You are correct though: the non-subsriber tax is waived once you subscribe.

As I live in New York State, there's also sales tax.

Hmmmm.... You're a subscriber? Maybe I could let you know what I'd like to order and you can do my ordering for me? And you could send me your back issues!!

;)

They're still very nice people and their service is terrific.

I'm not a subscriber and I've not ordered from Cadence since they began this little subscribe-or-pay-extra ploy. Just my own fickle decision. You are correct though: the non-subsriber tax is waived once you subscribe.

As I live in New York State, there's also sales tax.

Hmmmm.... You're a subscriber? Maybe I could let you know what I'd like to order and you can do my ordering for me? And you could send me your back issues!!

;)

They're still very nice people and their service is terrific.

Ah yes, the sales tax must be a bummer. But probably not as bad as the weak Canadian dollar. Although lately the dollar has improved substantially versus the U.S. dollar.

I'd send the back issues to ya if I knew I wasn't going to refer back to them in the (sometimes) distant future. But I KNOW I will.

It seems as though you order enough stuff from them, why not get the magazine too. After so many orders, you'll have spent as much in surcharges to equal a year's subscription.

Off topic (but still Woody Shaw):

This one looks interesting, too:

Timeless Hayes Shaw

anyone knows it?

ubu

Can't say that I "know" it, but I have passed it over at the used record store that I frequent many times, because of some bad reviews that I've read, both on this board (I think, maybe the BNBB) and on AMG.

This one is worth two or three plays but I wouldn't buy it again. The percussionist is just annoying and inopportune, the bassist sounds horrible, but the rest is fair. Always nice to have another version of Moontrane, I suppose.

I have never heard the titles with Tone Jansa, but they can be sampled at hmv.co.jp.