MIA from the old BNBB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for the welcomes, everyone! But I won't post any more thank yous, as it could become repetitive. :)

Why was my reappearence lumped in with old Warne?? :) "Cwmf".

Yes, B3-er, there certainly IS a JRVG of "Back At The Chicken Shack". There have been JRVGs of almost all the BN LPs from 1500 through 4200, and many later ones, too. That 1960 Smith session is long overdue for a U.S. sonic upgrade. The JRVG lacks the extra track that Michael added to the old U.S. CD, but that track never really catches fire, and it has a similar feel to one of the LP tracks. By the way, I didn't think this JRVG sounded tinny. I prefer the TOCJs, but this JRVG will do fine. You can actually smell the chicken run.

I wish PFunk (if I'm remembering the handle right) was still around myself...

i think it was Pfunkjazz - i often wonder what hapenned to him.

Yup, me too. IMHO, PFunkJazz added a whole bunch of cool perspective to the BNBB, and if I had any idea what his e-mail address was - I'd get him over here right quick. Anybody know??

Is this an appropriate place to say "HI"? Late has on several occasions asked me to check in over here. Seems like a nice thing you guys have going here. I haven't been posting much anywhere, aside from infrequently at Jazz Corner and the occasional driveby over here in the media forum.

David Williams: email me if you have my address. I keep getting bounced with yours!

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see more posts from Vic, Swingin' Swede, Jim R., two posters from Australia that I can't remember the handles of (argh!), and two posters from L.A. that I also can't remember the handles of (Adam was one?). This is why I needed that location information!  :g

:bwallace:

I'm here. :) Just not posting as frequently. Have the same name on AAJ and Speakeasy as well.

Edited by Adam

• 2 weeks later...