A warning about a board member -- pryan

Bol

I also have an issue :( but will hold off on posting the details; giving him one more opportunity to respond to my PM.

Mark

Mark,

Just a heads up. Your earthlink address is refusing to accept emails from the board, which is why you don't get any with regards to PMs and such. You need to add the forum email address (forum@organissimo.org) to your safe list or whatever.

I keep getting a ton of emails back from you that the board is trying to send.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have an issue :(  but will hold off on posting the details; giving him one more opportunity to respond to my PM.

Mark

Mark,

Just a heads up. Your earthlink address is refusing to accept emails from the board, which is why you don't get any with regards to PMs and such. You need to add the forum email address (forum@organissimo.org) to your safe list or whatever.

Jim,

They come through (had several today), they just go through the spam filter first.

Thanks,

Mark

I also have an issue :(  but will hold off on posting the details; giving him one more opportunity to respond to my PM.

Mark

Mark,

Jim,

They come through (had several today), they just go through the spam filter first.

Thanks,

Mark

Do you accept cds-for-sale spam, Mark?

:lol:

My only comment is I think a 3 day warning (before going public) is too short.

Perhaps you are right. But what would you say is the appropriate length of time?

In fact, I waited 4 days. But I have a feeling that you would not consider that long enough either. My judgment was that given pryan's previous inability or unwillingness to respond to e-mails, it was not really useful to wait much longer.

I think it is appropriate to air this kind of thing in public. This is not EBAY or Half.com, or any other trading post, flea market or online cd store. This is a group of people, some would say friends, some might even say brotherhood / family with a common interest.

Most people when buying or selling here give "kin folk deals" and generally trust each other more than some Joe (sorry Joe) off Ebay. We accept checks, mail goods before payment is received, mail payment before goods are received and generally treat each fairly.

In light of that, if someone is abusing this trust, we deserve to know about it, mainly in order to avoid future incidents and to proceed with caution when dealing with people who have not respected this trust in the past.

Anyone here gonna send a copy of MONEY JUNGLE without seeing some green first? I didn't think so!

Guest akanalog

as someone who has bought and sold on the board i would say 3-4 days is short. there are many things, including long weekends or computer problems or overload of work that can easily keep someone away from here for this length of time.

I agree that 3-4 days is short as a rule, but when someone is ignoring emails, I can see where impatience can set in.

One other thing: sometimes emails sent don't end up being delivered. I am not saying that this is the case here. But the internet isn't an exact science, and there have been times when friends of mine have sworn they sent me an email, didn't get a "failed delivery notice", and yet I didn't get the email.

Maybe send a message here, in the public forum to the party in question. If he/she is posting and reading, it is a good bet they will see your message. Something along the lines of "hey, john doe, did you send that mosaic set yet?"

Just a suggestion.

Maybe we need a message board category for such communication?

I'm just now skimming through this thread, and I just wanted to publicly applaud everyone for not flying off the handle about all this. I am seriously marveling at the degree of "adultness" that everyone is exhibiting here, about issues that would otherwise fly SERIOUSLY out of control on any other board.

This isn't to say threads like this don't ever spin out of control here. But the fact that everyone appears to be trying to have a meaningful dialog about these issues, without anyone really getting pissy about things -- is truly remarkable.

I mean, there's plenty of fodder for some people on any of the sides of this issue -- and these specific transactions -- to potentially get really pissed off about. And yet, we're all being adults here.

Bravo, people. :tup

And no, I'm not suddenly turning this into a call for a "group hug".

This is just a thank you to everyone here, for us having a board like the one we have, where we can all actually "get along" pretty well, most of the time -- even in the face of some conflict. Pretty damn rare thing in this day and age, docha think?? On-line, or off-line, I don't see near enough of it for my tastes, 'cept around here most of the time. Thanks people. Keep up the good work.

Resume discussion... ^_^

If anyone paid via PayPal, you can file a complaint there. PayPal then makes the seller explain what's happened- and they assume that, if the goods were sent via an untrackable method, that they were never sent.

Sandy,

Mine was a trade so Paypal wasn't involved, thanks!

Mark