The guitar corner

7/4

I noticed in the six-string demo that the guy was playing it pretty much the same both ways; I would think that with true fretless, the chordal playing he was doing would be pretty difficult. So maybe you're right, and it's more of a "fretless effect".

You always have the option of having a dedicated fretless with fret lines. Not that you can really play in-tune chords on that beast. Diads work best and WTF, do you really need more than two notes to comp? (more experienced musicans are welcome to clear this up for me). :g

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

38_3.JPG

I put a reasonable bid on this McCarty model PRS on ebay early in the auction as I do from time to time just in case no one else bids. I didn't win teh auction but the winner hasn't paid and I've been offered a second chance to buy at my bid price for $1000. What would you do? I really don't NEED another guitar and I don't really NEED a PRS just play around the house with but...

Worst case is I sell it for profit on ebay later. Most of these sell for $1500 to $2000 on ebay.

38_3.JPG

I put a reasonable bid on this McCarty model PRS on ebay early in the auction as I do from time to time just in case no one else bids. I didn't win teh auction but the winner hasn't paid and I've been offered a second chance to buy at my bid price for $1000. What would you do? I really don't NEED another guitar and I don't really NEED a PRS just play around the house with but...

Worst case is I sell it for profit on ebay later. Most of these sell for $1500 to $2000 on ebay.

Buy it and sell it for a profit!

• 2 weeks later...

In keeping with the theme here, I just placed an order for this, a Stromberg Monterey semi-hollow body:

Sweet! :wub::tup

Yeah - I haven't actually played one, but I know I can return it if neccesary. I have a good feeling about it, though. I wasn't aware of them until just last weekend, when I saw Fareed Haque playing one. Sounded great in his hands!

Testing, testing... 1,2, 1,2...

I've always been a Gibson archtop nut, but I recently bought a custom shop '62 Reissue Strat (first Strat I've owned in about 20 years, and definitely the best one I've ever owned):

(color is a bit off in this pic, which was taken with the iMac built-in camera ^_^ ... it's actually more seafoam, with more green. I may try to add a couple more shots...)

In keeping with the theme here, I just placed an order for this, a Stromberg Monterey semi-hollow body:

Joe- Very nice. I played the non-cutaway version of that guitar (Newport?) about a year ago and remember liking it very much. Seems like a lot of guitar for the money. Congrats. on the purchase.

Jim- "Seafoam Green" Surfs up bra! That's a seriously nice guitar. Hope you have many years of enjoyment with that baby.

P.S. With all this guitar talk I can't help but think the scene from Wayne's World where Wayne goes to the guitar shop to admire that vintage white strat. "Oh yes, It will be mine someday...." :rofl: Party on!

P.P.S. No guitars for me lately, however I picked up a Vintage Proco Rat Distortion pedal for $20 bucks in a garage sale. It actually works! Had the woman throw in a "weed whacker" to seal the deal. I drive a hard bargain. :D

THIS IS THE PLACE must be selling like hotcakes those Hammond XK3s cost a small fortune, don't they?

Sorry to say, but just because we're doing some equipment upgrades doesn't mean we're making money at this. I wish that were the case, but so far, we're still paying off our production debts on TITP.

Jim is getting that XK3 for the sole purpose of reducing the physical stress of moving gear.

I was confusing the XK3 with the Portable B3 which is several times more expensive.

Glad to hear you guys are getting new gear. :)

Sorry to hear you aren't raking in the dough from a terrific record. :( Maybe you guys could be on Oprah! Anything on that show sells like mad.

Joe's right, unfortunately. We still have a lot of debt from this last record (although I just paid off the studio on Monday, which felt really really good!) but we're doing ok.

I got an artist endorsement with Hammond Suzuki, which means I can get stuff at dealer cost. The XK3 is still fairly pricey, the new B3 not withstanding, but with my discount it's not so bad.

It just arrived via UPS. I'm excited to kick out the jamz! :D

I altered this shot in iPhoto to try to approximate the color better (very difficult to get this color to photograph accurately).

If you ever want to sell it... I am here for you. :)

Great axe.

I love the 62 necks.

Hey Joe,

Can't wait to see the new gitbox. Been thinking about a 335 style, but maybe I need to check this out. It's not just for Jazz guys is it? ;)

THIS IS THE PLACE must be selling like hotcakes those Hammond XK3s cost a small fortune, don't they?

Sorry to say, but just because we're doing some equipment upgrades doesn't mean we're making money at this. I wish that were the case, but so far, we're still paying off our production debts on TITP.

Jim is getting that XK3 for the sole purpose of reducing the physical stress of moving gear.

Physical and emotional. That beast scares me sometimes. :blink: