The guitar corner

7/4

close to it - I started by writing the notes myself, and they went on...and on...

12 pages in all.

Also located an old High School picture of myself playing sax onstage alongside Elliot Easton (than called Elliot Steinberg) - Elliot, who was a friend but who has, post-fame, been stand-offish, will now appear as a photo among the notes - I thought about using it on the cover, but decided I don't have time for the law suit.

All seriousness aside, I think the CD will have some interesting reactions, particularly up here in Maine where the local bookers of the "hip" performance space won't hire me basically because I am over 35 -

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Outstanding technique on those (and thanks), but for me technique can get in the way of good music sometimes.

Anyway, here's something slightly different. It's laid back, but very tasty, imo.

Never heard of him before... not bad for a guy with only one video upload...

Outstanding technique on those (and thanks), but for me technique can get in the way of good music sometimes.

Anyway, here's something slightly different. It's laid back, but very tasty, imo.

Never heard of him before... not bad for a guy with only one video upload...

Very nice.

And yes, I agree with you, good music it wasn't in those links I supplied (besides Tommy Emmanuel, who's written some wonderful music [and has played some real crud as well].

I was just fascinated by the (new) technique. I remember that Stanley Jordan guy, who was big once because of that tapping technique, but his stuff had one problem: Every bit of space was filled with notes, slides and whatnot.

Your link is more what I consider to be music as well, especially because it's given room to breathe.

Cheers!

Edited by neveronfriday

I really like the Antoine Dufour. He gets a seriously deep groove going with his bass line comping technique. I was thinking all the way through the performance, what will he do next? It was pretty exciting and fresh. Sure, there's a bit of showmanship thrown in for good measure but it in no way diminishes that great groove. Thanks for posting.

• 2 months later...

Here's my latest project.

I started with a Jay Turser thinline copy on ebay for $100 plus shipping. (The pickups were absolutely worthless! and it was sporting a see through tinted pickguard which was hideous)

I cut a pickguard from a tortoise shell / mint / black / mint blank, routed the body for humbuckers, replaced the neck with a Squier tele neck I had which feels quite good for a cheap neck, upgraded to Kluson style tuners, replaced the pickups with GFS Dream 90s. The Dream 90s don't come in tortoise shell so I opened up a set of black ones and inserted some tortoise shell of my own!

Edited by scottb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man, it's amazing...I still wonder if I should sell a bunch of crap and get it. I figure that if I'm not going to play "Jazz" in public, I should just play acoustic at home...and why not do it on an L7-C... :ph34r:

I traded off this:

*D'ANGELICO EXCEL EXL-1DP, recent, import, Blonde, 17" cutaway with pearl border and abalone block inlays, floating pickup, near mint

plus some cash for a '52 Tele reissue this afternoon. That should fix the gear jones for now. I have a bunch of EQ I should trade or sell...

I traded off this:

*D'ANGELICO EXCEL EXL-1DP, recent, import, Blonde, 17" cutaway with pearl border and abalone block inlays, floating pickup, near mint

plus some cash for a '52 Tele reissue this afternoon. That should fix the gear jones for now. I have a bunch of EQ I should trade or sell...

My 52' tele reissue was been sitting in it's case for the last 3 years until last week. Dusted it off, put some new strings on it, and used it at an open jam last weekend. Should of done this sooner! Great guitar which I've been ignoring for too long. Please post your thoughs on the new axe when you get a chance. :tup

I traded off this:

My 52' tele reissue was been sitting in it's case for the last 3 years until last week. Dusted it off, put some new strings on it, and used it at an open jam last weekend. Should of done this sooner! Great guitar which I've been ignoring for too long. Please post your thoughts on the new axe when you get a chance. :tup

It's my 2nd Tele. This afternoon I'm getting a pair of DiMarzio Virtual T or Area T to kill that hum. I love it, I had a '52 reissue on loan for a year or so. The neck p/u with a compressor is a lot of fun, the notes just pop out and it gives the tone a glassy feel. Of course, not using a compressor is great too...always wanted one of my own.

Can't beat that color...472265.jpg

Edited by 7/4