7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys!

I love my Epiphone Joe Pass signature! Hope you enjoy, 7/4!

I traded it towards my Gretsch 6118 Double Anniversary, so that's some consolation.

Nice.

The Epiphone didn't have a case. I bought a $40 gig bag. It looks like a techno sneaker. When I do play a gig, I use gig bags, I unload and I'll wear the guitar to the bathroom, to the diner. I don't like carrying guitars in guitar cases. :rfr

I don't use soft cases because every show I've ever played, we loaded the guitars into the car. I'm terrified of anything happening.

I usually use a soft bag, it´s easy to carry with the bike :). But when I travel by car I try to use hard case, I´m scary, like AfricaBrass. But what it´s really terrible is low cost flight companies where I usually use in Europe. I have had a lot of problems to keep my guitar with me in the cabine, really they dont have any sensibility for this instrument!

Yeah, they're beautiful, real vintage (i.e. no poly underlayer, all nitro finish) finish. Fit and finish is excellent on this guitar. I like the Jazzmaster, there's really two neck pickup sounds you can set, because you use teh rhythm circuit (the pot-wheels have a darker sound than the other tone circuit) and you can also set a neck pickup sound with the other circuit. For a neck pickup lover, it's an ultimate guitar. I love that you can have two sounds just by flicking one switch and can go back and forth. The bridge and the bridge plate makes an interesting sound. Very sparkly, very much like an acoustic to me as well as an electric. The short sustain is very jazz guitar like as well. Leo really came up with a superior design and put a lot of thought into the guitar.

The photo is not actually mine but looks exactly like mine.

I think I've finished with the bug, I've got the guitars I've really found work for me. I'd distill my collection down to three if I had to: this Jazzmaster, my Billy Corgan Stratocaster (this hardtail is the most versatile and easy playing guitar I've had, impresses me every day), and the Deluxe Stratocaster with the mahogany body (another real player and great tone). I'd probably keep the Breadwinner too after restoration, which I really ought to do. It's one of the earliest, with the nylon string saddles and single-ended pickups, and it's a guitar that is so rugged it'd last a thousand years.

I think I've finished with the bug, I've got the guitars I've really found work for me. I'd distill my collection down to three if I had to: this Jazzmaster, my Billy Corgan Stratocaster (this hardtail is the most versatile and easy playing guitar I've had, impresses me every day), and the Deluxe Stratocaster with the mahogany body (another real player and great tone). I'd probably keep the Breadwinner too after restoration, which I really ought to do. It's one of the earliest, with the nylon string saddles and single-ended pickups, and it's a guitar that is so rugged it'd last a thousand years.

With a mahogany body, what's the weight like?

My Stratosonic has one, the weight bothers me and I never even use it standing up.

With a mahogany body, what's the weight like?

My Stratosonic has one, the weight bothers me and I never even use it standing up.

Not too heavy, about 8 pounds. In between my Corgan and my Jazzmaster in weight.

I love the SCN pickups and the S-1 switching and the neck is awesome. Add the mahogany tone and it's really something.

Yup.

Strats are more comfortable to play and more versatile to me than Teles. The Thinline is a great guitar, but I view it as a sort of one trick poney. It has one sound really, that's it.

But it's a GREAT sound!

You like it better than I do. I've tried different strings and even through my '59 Bassman it is too bright and thin for me. I only like it a lot when distorted.

Edited by jazzbo

I tried a Godin ACS nylon string electric today, so now I'm having some serious jones to buy one. I think this week I'll sell a guitar to buy one.

Godin-ACS-SA-Slim.jpg

I didn't give in to GAS, which is good because I won't be playing for a while!

Still...I really liked that guitar. It would have been my great nylon string solution.

I tried a Godin ACS nylon string electric today, so now I'm having some serious jones to buy one. I think this week I'll sell a guitar to buy one.

Godin-ACS-SA-Slim.jpg

I didn't give in to GAS, which is good because I won't be playing for a while!

Still...I really liked that guitar. It would have been my great nylon string solution.

How are their acoustic steel strings? If I like one I'll try to cut an endorsement deal with them. I already told them I like the Kingpin archtop a lot.

I don't know. I've been curious about this one for a while and I rarely see Godins in stores. Guitar Center just happened to have one hanging on the wall.

But it just wasn't meant to be...I broke both my elbows a few days ago and I won't be playing for a while.