what happened to Boston Market?

Years ago, someone told me about the way places such as Boston Market cook 'dem 'dere chickens - they are stacked in a bg 'ol rotisserie and all the greeeeeeesy stuff is dripping from the top chicken on down, so by the time you get to that poor 'ol bottom chicken - it is a greaseball. Now, I love some greeeeeeeesy stuff and back in the 80's frequented Fattburger in L.A., but I wouldn't want to be the recipient of that bottom chicken!!!!

Marla

Don't they rotate? Or revolve? Or whatever it would be?

--eric

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, someone told me about the way places such as Boston Market cook 'dem 'dere chickens - they are stacked in a bg 'ol rotisserie and all the greeeeeeesy stuff is dripping from the top chicken on down, so by the time you get to that poor 'ol bottom chicken - it is a greaseball.  Now, I love some greeeeeeeesy stuff and back in the 80's frequented Fattburger in L.A., but I wouldn't want to be the recipient of that bottom chicken!!!!

Marla

Don't they rotate? Or revolve? Or whatever it would be?

--eric

Not sure, Eric. Next time I'm up in Quincy, MA (only location I know of in my neck of the woods), I'll take a peek. B-)

Marla

• 2 weeks later...

Laugh about Boston Market all you want, but you'll never guess who my wife ran into at a Boston Market just yesterday?

Believe it or not, but Stevie Wonder.

My wife and her parents were meeting her brother, a pilot, for lunch during a layover at LAX, and circumstances that need not be gotten into led them to a strip mall not far from either the airport or his hotel. And while there, Stevie Wonder and a companion walked in for lunch. Needless to say, a crowd gathered and hounded Stevie during his meal - often quite rudely according to Sheri - but he was most accomodating for picture and autograph requests.

So there Burger King and McDonalds! B-)

Needless to say, a crowd gathered and hounded Stevie during his meal - often quite rudely according to Sheri - but he was most accomodating for picture and autograph requests.

I find that depressing---but it's the price of fame, or so they tell me.

Back to BM's meatloaf----I too am a fan. Only thing I can contribute, since I get their meatloaf from a frozen foods section at the local supermarket is that they've just shrunk the size of the meatloaf---used to be 2 meatloafs in a package, now there's just one about one and a half times as thick as either of the two meatloafs. I didn't notice at the time whether there had been a price change, but I'll wager that I'm paying more for less. Tastes the same tho.

Has the company fallen into bad economics or is there a new CEO or are they just greedy????Anybody? :blink:

Laugh about Boston Market all you want, but you'll never guess who my wife ran into at a Boston Market just yesterday? 

Believe it or not, but Stevie Wonder.

insert tasteless joke here.

Well, my first response was, "What, did he walk into the wrong store?" :g