what happened to Boston Market?

wow....we may have small heads here, but our Boston Markets still have romaine lettuce and we still have ham.

Interesting .... do you think its possible that Boston Market dropped ham in south Florida due to the relatively high proportion of Jews in the population? I had assumed that it was a chain-wide change, so if it wasn't, what would make them change it here? Maybe there was just less demand for ham in this area and therefore they just went ahead and dropped it.

Of course, that doesn't explain dropping romaine lettuce from the sandwiches!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think its possible that Boston Market dropped ham in south Florida due to the relatively high proportion of Jews in the population?

dan- you really don't have to write EVERY thought that pops into your head...... <_<

Perhaps, but do you have any other suggestion why ham was dropped from the menu?

Boston Market began in Naperville, IL, years after I graduated from North Central College there. Naperville water comes from wells. That is GOOD. But then Boston Market moved headquarters to Aurora in Arapahoe county, CO, a suburb of Denver on a dry plain. That was BAD.

When I was a boy, my father got a scholarship to Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory, so my family spent a summer high up in Gunnison county, western CO, beside a rushing mountain river. CO's laws are such that a few years ago Arapahoe county tried to exersize its legal rights to drain away the water from that beautiful stream so that all the Arapahoe county residents could water their vast lawns. Fortunately, Crested Butte has lately become a popular resort town and, last I heard, the yuppies there able to out-legal the Arapahoe folks. But I have sworn to never eat Boston Market food or knowingly buy anything produced in Arapahoe county.

/

Some folks in Michigan have big heads. Big big heads.

Indiana John

Boston Market began in Naperville, IL, years after I graduated from North Central College there. Naperville water comes from wells. That is GOOD. But then Boston Market moved headquarters to Aurora in Arapahoe county, CO, a suburb of Denver on a dry plain. That was BAD.

My parents live in Naperville these days, and I gotta say, if Boston Market was still based in that absolutely bizarre, weird, odd, freakishly off place, I would boycott it until the day I died.

Which would mean no spicy meatloaf. that would make me :( if not outright :angry:

so I guess I :D at the fact that Boston Market of Naperville, IL is now in Aurora, CO. :blink:

Strange thing is, if they wanted to move to Aurora, all they had to do was cross route 59....

silly corporate people always making things hard...

Edited by jazzypaul

yeah

Indiana John

yeah....and at least we can tell you where we live w/o pointing to our hand.

^_^

Y'know, earlier I was going to say Hoosiers may have small heads, but big hearts, but if you're gonna be like that about it... <_<

:P

yeah

Indiana John

yeah....and at least we can tell you where we live w/o pointing to our hand.

^_^

Y'know, earlier I was going to say Hoosiers may have small heads, but big hearts, but if you're gonna be like that about it... <_<

:P

That's it!! C'mon, fellow Hoosier fellers 'n gals... we got a state to take! By the time we're done they'll be callin' their fancy resorts "Mackinac-on-the-Wabash."

So why wasn't the place originally called Napersville Market? I'm confused.

There's a Boston Market near my office. Still open. Right beside an abandoned Chevy's Tex Mex.

Would YOU want to name your store Naperville Market? My dad was right, the name of the town gives one the creeps.

Indiana is useful - it keeps Kentucky from being a Great Lakes State.

Back to the quarry Ghost. <_<

Michigan's useful, too--I need a good place to stop for a knish while I'm traveling to and from Canada buying prescription drugs for elderly relatives. ;)

Re: Boston Market, my wife & I did have a weakness for the mac/cheese and meatloaf whenever driving up to Michigan for the weekend--used to hit one in Kokomo, but it went under a couple of years ago. I still think there's a place for non-burger fast food.

Years ago, someone told me about the way places such as Boston Market cook 'dem 'dere chickens - they are stacked in a bg 'ol rotisserie and all the greeeeeeesy stuff is dripping from the top chicken on down, so by the time you get to that poor 'ol bottom chicken - it is a greaseball. Now, I love some greeeeeeeesy stuff and back in the 80's frequented Fattburger in L.A., but I wouldn't want to be the recipient of that bottom chicken!!!!

Marla