Question for computer geeks...

Jim Alfredson

it's called an icon. You need to add a .ico file to the header of the html. This is not simply a graphics file, btw. It has been a while, but I remember there being free software out there that can handle this. Come to think of it, I think I asked you to add such a thing way, way, way back when.

BTW, I just installed Firefox here at work and looked at my homepage (www.organissimo.org) and it was all messed up. I have Firefox at home and it looks fine.

Is it messed up for you?

I have encountered various problems during the last few weeks. Some of the script will not load and is displayed as plain script instead. Is that what you mean? It goes away after some tries (it did just now), but it is still not nice as a front door of course. BTW, I am using Opera.

So in Firefox, if I go to say the FedEx website, the FedEx logo appears to the left of the domain name in the address bar.  It's a tiny little logo, but it's neat.  Same thing for eBay.

How do I do that for my webpage?

:huh:

Why didnt you ask me jerkstore.

So in Firefox, if I go to say the FedEx website, the FedEx logo appears to the left of the domain name in the address bar.  It's a tiny little logo, but it's neat.  Same thing for eBay.

How do I do that for my webpage?

:huh:

Why didnt you ask me jerkstore.

maybe you can tell him how to make the favicon pop up in the bookmark list as well.

Please make it Opera compatible (no sneaky stuff).

Hit "refresh" my friends!

No need for refreshing - my personal bar in Opera displayed the neat little Org icon all by itself! Thanks Jim! :tup

One minor qualm - could you remove the white edges around the circle? If look at the favicon on a dark background you will see what I mean.

maybe you can tell him how to make the favicon pop up in the bookmark list as well.

It's all over my personal bar and bookmarks in Opera - maybe you have to change your automatic refreshment settings?

It's all over my personal bar and bookmarks in Opera - maybe you have to change your automatic refreshment settings?

Yes, it seems it's there now. May have been a cache thing.