What Are You Watching

I started watching season one of Have Gun, Will Travel. Never seen it; heck I missed the first season being born. Judging by the first few episodes, it's better than the TV westerns I do remember, though.

Yeah, growing up in the 60's and 70's they NEVER showed repeats of "Have Gun" on TV where I lived. Finally checking it out on DVD a few years ago I was surprised at how good it was.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51bnLGZSr9L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

About pirate radio in the UK in the mid-60s.

Froth, I'm afraid. Lots of film cliches stiched together and backed with snippets of great pop songs from the time.

Passed the time but it was time that could have been better passed.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

'Jazz In Exile', fine documentary from 1982 with lots of footage of Dexter Gordon, Woody Shaw, Richard Davis, Phil Woods etc.

Also lots of footage of Buddy Rich appearances with big band and in person from the Mike Douglas TV show.

livesothers.jpg

Excellent German film about the way that the Stasi took lives apart in East Germany.

Agree - one of the best movies of recent years. I believe they actually used the 'real set' of the main interrogation centre (Hohenschonhausen, Berlin - you can visit it as a tourist).

Stasi Hohenschonhausen

livesothers.jpg

Excellent German film about the way that the Stasi took lives apart in East Germany.

Agree - one of the best movies of recent years.

I very much agree too. It reminded me of being a teen and going to see foreign films at the library and "art" cinemas in Boston and the Harvard Film Archive.

82666348209.jpg

Freaks And Geeks

Just finished this a couple of days ago. I got a nice deal on this set during the Christmas shopping season. I enjoyed the series but not enough to keep and re-watch it so I ended up selling it. It basically cost me $4.00 to watch which was well worth it.

Edited by mikelz777

Catching up on "Lost"... Ms. ubu had the first season on rent, I ignored it... then she realized buying was cheaper and got the second, of which I saw bits and pieces and slowly got into it... now she has seasons three and four waiting, and I'm about to finish season one, which I found used a week ago... still have to do all of season one, preferredly within next week, so the Ms. doesn't have to wait too long... :rolleyes: