Sin City

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they didn't utilize rosario's ass the right way in this flick...

the camera view should be behind her on every shot..imo....

Personally I think she's among the most beautiful actresses in the business these days and I'm glad they filmed many angles and aspects of her! (And that voice!)

rosario.jpg

This movie was fucking awful.

No big surprise there. That pretty much describes Frank Miller to a T.

:o Frank Miller? Awful? I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever say that before...

...Talk to Kalo.

Kalo ???

You are talking about Frank Miller, the comic book/graphic novel writer/artist, right? You might not have liked Sin City, but Miller is generally considered one of the most talented and innovative comic book creators of the last 25 years. He's hardly "terrible." :unsure:

My wife and I went to see Sin City and we both loved it. It was like entering another world, where color was largely absent and where primal emotion ruled. When the movie ended, I realized I was so absorbed in it that I could have watched another hour. I'd see it again.

You are talking about Frank Miller, the comic book/graphic novel writer/artist, right?  You might not have liked Sin City, but Miller is generally considered one of the most talented and innovative comic book creators of the last 25 years.  He's hardly "terrible."
:unsure:

Well, he is terrible. Terribly pale.....

Edited by BERIGAN

Guest akanalog

not sure if i posted in this thread already but i actually walked out of this movie. i am a fan of frank miller. maybe not sin city, but dark knight returns is one of my favorite all-time pieces of art. but this sin city movie sucked. i thought there was some bad casting choices at points (that lord of the rings fella for one) and there just wasn't much going on besides the technical style of the film, which got old after about 30 minutes, which is when i left.

This movie was fucking awful.

No big surprise there. That pretty much describes Frank Miller to a T.

:o Frank Miller? Awful? I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever say that before...

...Talk to Kalo.

Kalo ???

You are talking about Frank Miller, the comic book/graphic novel writer/artist, right? You might not have liked Sin City, but Miller is generally considered one of the most talented and innovative comic book creators of the last 25 years. He's hardly "terrible." :unsure:

Well, personally, I think he can't draw and can't write. Other than that, I've got no complaints. As for him being considered one of the most talented and innovative comic book creators of the last etc, all I can say is that some people also think Godard is a "genius."

Hey Kalo, a little help here?

Well, personally, I think he can't draw and can't write.  Other than that, I've got no complaints.  As for him being considered one of the most talented and innovative comic book creators of the last etc, all I can say is that some people also think Godard is a "genius." 

Hey Kalo, a little help here?

Can't draw? Ok, I can see that. Not everything is to everybody's taste. Miller's style is very quirky, and I can see it wearing on somebody's nerves (not mine, but somebody's). Have you ever read any of the "Sin City" books? The visuals in those comics are some of the best and most striking I've ever seen.

Can't write? Can't help ya there. Miller may not be Alan Moore, but he's one of my top five favorite comic book writers. What does someone have to do to be able to "write" in your opinion? Do it while suspended by his teeth over a pit of boiling lava?

Guest akanalog

alan moore will kick frank miller's ass in my mind. captain britian rules.

well i went in to "sin city" thinking it would be a movie for people that have cats and read juxtapose magazine so i was aprehensive. not sure if it was or it wasn't since i left so soon...but it just seemed cheesy and i couldn't listen to mickey rourke say "goldie" again and the first story or two weren't even good and yes i have read some of "sin city" and thought it was fine but i like my comics to have robots and lasers and capes. not "hard boiled' crap.