What to get a new first time mom on Mother's day

This is all new to me. My wife and I, as you all know, had a baby in January. So now I am trippin' trying to figure out what to get my wife for mothers day. She is a woman of very modest means, has a Masters in film, and never, EVER buys stuff for herself (unlike me and my jazz CD habit :rolleyes: ). So I'm really stressed about getting her the right thing. She likes the same type of music I do, albeit not as veraciously, she uses a MAC G4 laptop, and writes poetry and likes to laugh. Any suggestions?

Did you ever see those nice hinged picture frames that sort of open like a book and have spots for several photos? Go through the photos of your wife and baby - pick the best, buy one of those frames and get to work.

It's simple and will last the rest of her life.

Those are ALL really good suggestions. If you think the day spa idea is a good one (and it sounds good to me, or half-day, or mudbathseaweedwrapsaltscrubmassage coupon or something similar -- or maybe there's something she'd like to go see? film, play?), you could make it extra-refreshing by being "proactive" and helping to make time for her to actually USE the coupon -- include your own "coupon" with available dates and times for her to go while you mind the baby (or arrange for someone else to if your gift is a date for the two of you) or plan to pick her up with dinner afterwards...

Sounds like she doesn't put herself first, so it would be a real gift if you make sure it happens!

Tell her she's still beautiful!

:tup

Amen to that, and everything that's come before!

However, since she has a degree in film and loves to laugh, I suggest you get her the Marx Bros. Paramount box! B-) ;):excited: I'm sure you'll.... er, I mean SHE'LL enjoy it immensely!