Appears there have been 7 explosions in London

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit!!!! :(  Hope our board members are all right!

BBC says at least two devices, one in a bus which "opened like a can of sardines with bodies all over the place" and one in tube station. I've no access to tv at work but my son has phoned to say its all over the tv. Horrendous.

Guardian reports two bus explosions and two separate further explosions on the tube network with many injuries. All reports I have read so far have been from individuals "on site", nothing official from the emergency services.

Hope all our friends and their families over there are unharmed. Londoners, my heart goes out to you. be strong.

What he said

:(

Details are just starting to come through. So far at least one bus has been blown apart in Tavisock Square and there has been an explosion in Edgeware Road tube station.

"Sir Ian Blair, Metropolitan Police Commissioner, has told the BBC that there have been six explosions so far today, one on a bus. In what is clearly intended to be a calming message, he asks that Londoners stay where they are, do not call the emergency services unless there is a life-threatening situation, and promises there will be more information. London's emergency plan has kicked into action, and he says they are "returning order to the situation"." - from Guardian.

Tony Blair will make a televised statement at 12 noon.

Edited by 1ngram

Things look pretty chaotic in London right now!

Hope the casualties figures will keep on the low side!

The info coming through is all a bit garbled at the moment. Mobile phone networks appear to have been closed down in central London as a precaution against them being used to trigger bombs. Reports of explosions are now coming in of six explosions at Liverpool Street, Russell Square (Tavistock Square is just around the corner), Moorgate, Algate East, Kings Cross and Edgeware Road. It is unclear if all these are actually terrorist attacks. It is possible that some of these may be electical explosions which have occurred because of terrorist attacks on the tube system elsewhere. There are a lot of people injured but as yet no reports of serious injuries or fatalities but it is still very unclear what the extent of the terrorist attack has been. There is still no official confimation of a terrorist attack as yet but the bus incident at Tavistock Square certainly seems to point to this.

Edited by Phil Meloy

Friends here in Jerusalem tell me that the Scotland Yard sent warning to Jerusalem PRIOR to the blasts that a terrorist attack is due.

If that's true, why didn't the Yard warn the Londoners?

Perhaps they wanted to avoid panic...

Anyway, I hope all UK members and their family are alright and well. My thoughts are with you.

Friends here in Jerusalem tell me that the Scotland Yard sent warning to Jerusalem PRIOR to the blasts that a terrorist attack is due.

If that's true, why didn't the Yard warn the Londoners?

It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Perhaps they didn't know what type of an attack it was. Or when. What could they do, tell people not to go to work this week?

I heard something about an "incident" in Singapore yesterday, but a google search didn't pull anything up, does anyone know what happened there?

Mobile phone networks appear to have been closed down in central London as a precaution against them being used to trigger bombs.

I my experience, the first things that crash down are the mobile networks. Everybody want to make a call in a small area and the networks simply stop functioning almost at once.

Mobile phone networks appear to have been closed down in central London as a precaution against them being used to trigger bombs.

I my experience, the first things that crash down are the mobile networks. Everybody want to make a call in a small area and the networks simply stop functioning almost at once.

This happened too but I think they have now cut the network in central London as a precaution.