- Sakura Waltz (3:24)

- Blue Fanfare (6:40)*

- Three Jazz Moods (6:10)

- Burunkaka (3:26)

- Raknash (4:41)

- Theme from Vietnam (0:56)

- Es Sungen Drei Engel (7:33)

John,

I could not resist and padded a DGA order w/ the disc titled "Abstractions" (NJRmwng) from Wewerka.

The title * "Blue Fanfare" weighs in at 10:19. All others are nearly the same with a few extra seconds on each.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to have these LPs, but its a real drag to know that they were scissored up by a producer. Oh well.

I was just sent this by a friend in England. It is an obituary that appeared there; much more detailed than any of the previous ones posted on here.

http://tinyurl.com/co48z

• 1 month later...

DAMN IT!!! I completely missed this one. I been listening to more Mangelsdorff of late and did a search on AMG and there it was - died July 25, 2005. Came over here and it seems I missed this entire thread. Another giant gone without getting to see them perform! Aw man!

Thanks (belatedly) for the music Albert. :(

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Tonight everyone should purchase John Lewis & Albert Mangelsdorff: Animal Dance.

Is this on CD now? It took me what seemed like forever to find the vinyl. It is on Atlantic I think. (LPs are upstairs)

Not a lot of love for Collectables cd's around here, but this was released in 1999:

http://www.amazon.com/Milanese-Story-Animal-Dance-Lewis/dp/B00000IJTB/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1334558570&sr=1-1