WORLD CUP 2006 / GERMANY

It was war time in ARGENTINA at the time. A civil war.

Bring GERMANY for a counter exemple is a littlle harsh in this context.

When NAZIS goes to "hunt" their people (jews, gypsis, communiste, gay and who ever try to resit to their ideology, it wasn't war either. This "hunt" begins six years before that the second world war started.

Oh Jesus, now that crap starts again? :rolleyes: Dork.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I not surprised at the Argentinian antics. In terms of footballing how can you have any respect for a team that scores a goal with its hand or the antics of Diego Simeone in 1998. I lived in South America for many years and this doesn't surprise me at all. Further still, how can you have any respect for a people who hunted down their own people. Yes, I know it happens in wartime but this was peacetime. No, I have no respect for Argentina at all. I'm not glad they're gone and I'm glad Germany won. I hope they go through to the final.

It was war time in ARGENTINA at the time. A civil war.

Bring GERMANY for a counter exemple is a littlle harsh in this context.

When NAZIS goes to "hunt" their people (jews, gypsis, communiste, gay and who ever try to resit to their ideology, it wasn't war either. This "hunt" begins six years before that the second world war started.

Don't get exactly what you try to say here, but EUROPE is not a counter example for anythyng, friend.

AMERICA'S either, I 'm afraid

I've some good ARGENTINIANS friends who are not interested by soccers but by music, art, ltterature and who share EXACTLY my idea in life in general ans in politics in particular who are among the best people I have ever know. You can had some CHILLIAN TOO among these friends.

A really silly post.

No politics here, please. There's a forum for that.

Edited by J.A.W.

Again, my apologies for doing that.

Getting back to the subject, nobody's talking about the Italy game. I thought that match was better than I expected and I thought the Ukrainians were better than I expected. Aside from Saudi Arabia, which I didn't consider a real test, this was probably the best I've seen them play. They had some good shots on goal in the second half and only some good defense and a little luck prevented this game from being tied. But you also had a sense that Italy was going to get a second goal and end the drama. I have to say I've never seen so many blonde athletes on a pitch at any one time.

Edited by Brad

I haven't watched the Italy-Ukraine game, so I can't comment on that. I've only seen snippets afterwards, and, though the Italians seemed to be playing OK, they didn't quite impress me. With Argentina and Spain out, Brazil and England playing as they do, France looking tired and aged despite their defeat of Spain, and Germany playing better than I had expected but not quite good enough (they depend too much on Ballack and their defense is very shaky), I find the tournament a lot less interesting.

Edited by J.A.W.

Italy played well, (and I usually tend to be critic about his playing). Italians defense is definitely the best defense in the WC, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Nesta, and Buffon, the goal keepeer, is the best one I saw in this WC. With Zambrotta, Gattuso and Totti reaching their top form, Italy would be a tought client for everybody. Out best forward, Luca Toni, more then 30 scores in national championship this years, breaks the curse with two goals. All the polemics and scandals unite the team. I was more afraid of Argentina then Germany: we beated them in 1970, we beated them in 1982, we scored to them four goal in the last test match. Overall I am optimistic, like in 1982 WC in Spain. If our players can bear the tension, they could beat everybody.

Obviously all my considerations could be wipe off by Klose. :ph34r:

I haven't watched the Italy-Ukraine game, so I can't comment on that. I've only seen snippets afterwards, and, though the Italians seemed to be playing OK, they didn't quite impress me. With Argentina and Spain out, Brazil and England playing as they do, France looking tired and aged despite their defeat of Spain, and Germany playing better than I had expected but not quite good enough (they depend too much on Ballack and their defense is very shaky), I find the tournament a lot less interesting.

Frankly, I didn't see any stellar team, maybe some episodes, but this is not the best WC I saw in my life, and I started watch football in 1970.

Frankly, I didn't see any stellar team, maybe some episodes, but this is not the best WC I saw in my life, and I started watch football in 1970.

Well, the first World Cup I watched was the 1958 tournament in Sweden (Final: Brazil with Pele 5, Sweden 2; France came third, with top scorer Just Fontaine) and I've seen them all - more or less, you obviously can't watch everything. The current tournament is certainly not the best one ever, mr Blatter! Spain 1982 and France 1998 were better in my view, and so was Germany 1974 (of course ;) )

I saw parts of 1966 but not as much as I'd like but I did see just about all of 1970 and that was the best tournament I ever saw. 1982 was rather good too and so was 1998. I have good memories of that although I can't point you to anything specifically. Maybe it was just the idea of France winning finally after all these years.

Half time England: 0 Portugal:0. Time to bring on that stuffed sheep ( ;) ) and for the rest of them to wake up.

Hargreaves is looking by far the most committed player in the white strip.

And that says a lot about the game... (yawn)

besides the well deserved red for Rooney, the Portugese have been playing to provoke cards again. Did you guys catch that bloke running up the left side, grasping his face? Yes, another one trying to pull a "Figo" on us. And please someone dig a deep hole and stick that little pisser Ronaldo in it. I really really hope Portugal do not make it to the final and win. Then, in 20 years from now, we will have to watch that Little Pisser sitting where Maradona was seated now, getting all excited and looking like a girlie boy who dropped his icecream all the time. Sheesh!

besides the well deserved red for Rooney, the Portugese have been playing to provoke cards again. Did you guys catch that bloke running up the left side, grasping his face? Yes, another one trying to pull a "Figo" on us. And please someone dig a deep hole and stick that little pisser Ronaldo in it. I really really hope Portugal do not make it to the final and win. Then, in 20 years from now, we will have to watch that Little Pisser sitting where Maradona was seated now, getting all excited and looking like a girlie boy who dropped his icecream all the time. Sheesh!

Couw's Hall of Shame: Maradona, Ronaldo (the Portuguese variant).

What about Pele, who can hardly be avoided on German TV, and Eusebio?

Seriously, you're right, this is nauseating.