Damn!

Dang... I knew Joe did well with his auctions, but haven't really followed them lately due to the stratospheric prices. He's been doing this for a long, long time... I remember those b/w auction lists pre-ebay.

While I can't see myself dropping that kind of jack, it's nice to be able to stop by the shop and lust after those rare, original pressings in person. Hopefully, the ebay business helps him keep the B & M open for us locals.

crazy, if the music is the thing that ultimately matters in the end, what's the urge to spend that kind of $? If vinyl collecting is your thing, thats great, if not, well... I concur with Soulstream. Only original vinyl I'd want is of "The Sermon" just because thats my favorite album. But if I have the CD of something, I'm set. I personally can't see collecting for anything but the music, not for mystique value. I get use out of what I have. :)

crazy, if the music is the thing that ultimately matters in the end, what's the urge to spend that kind of $?  If vinyl collecting is your thing, thats great, if not, well... I concur with Soulstream.  Only original vinyl I'd want is of "The Sermon" just because thats my favorite album.  But if I have the CD of something, I'm set.  I personally can't see collecting for anything but the music, not for mystique value.  I get use out of what I have.  :)

Agreed! This reminds me of people who spend a thousand dollars on a fountain pen

or some such thing that you could easily buy for almost a hundredth of that cost...cRaZy :wacko:

I suppose it's good if you're the seller tho!

Well...speaking as someone who used to spend hundreds of dollars for a particular issue of Superman that I needed for my collection, I can't throw stones. But I agree; at that point, it is not about the music anymore, unless you're talking about someone with as much disposable income as all of us put together...

Grade & Description (cover): M-     Excellent laminated cover, no real flaws.

Yeah, except for that huge bend on the upper right corner.  Geez!   :wacko:

Yeah, exactly!! I wondered about that too!

If I were paying that price, I'd want to be able to frame that cover!

Edited by rostasi