Natasha Lyonne is fighting for her life

Lyonne 'Fighting for Her Life'

By WENN

American Pie star Natasha Lyonne is reportedly fighting for her life in a New York City hospital, after being found with hepatitis C, a heart infection and a collapsed lung.

The New York Post reports that the missing actress has been found struggling to survive in the Beth Israel Hospital's intensive care unit.

The publication says that as well as the range of health problems she's battling, Lyonne was also found with track marks, and is undergoing methadone treatment, typically used to help heroin users. Her father Aaron Braunstein, who visited the 26-year-old actress a week ago, tells Access Hollywood, "I read the article. I'm crying, actually. It's terrible. That's my little girl. It's a terrible tragedy. But she's gonna get better. We're all praying for her and she's a tough girl.

"As we see in the paper, she's probably with the wrong crowd, but the main thing she picked up is [hepatitis C] in Bulgaria [while shooting her 2001 movie The Grey Zone]."

And Braunstein is certain The New York Post will face legal action for exposing details of Lyonne's condition, explaining, "There's a confidentiality between patient, doctor and hospital, so all of this is gonna be probably a major lawsuit."

Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/article/2444192

I never saw this actress, but I know that hepatitis C is fatal, in the long run - my wife works in some institution hosting, among others, some former drug user that contracted the virus by use of contaminated needles - this can happen anywhere, not just in Bulgaria. Combined with the stress on the liver caused the heroin itself, this leads to cirrhosis and maybe hepatory cancer.

Hollywood Babylon lives .....

Mike, I hope for her sake she is lucky like Naomi Judd, who has had hepatitis C since 1991, but then again, she was not a drug user....

I never saw American Pie, I did see her in The slums of Beverly Hills, and could tell she clearly has a lot of acting talent. Not a classic beauty by any stretch, but still an interesting look that makes her attractive, IMO. (Though for an actess, she isn't that photogenic)

61_Lyonne_n.jpg

Well, I read in an article in Jane Magazine (one of my favorites, for real) about how she completely destroyed her apartment and terrorized the apt. complex in NYC on some of her various drug binges, threatening to kill residents and the like. I mean, it's too bad that it had to come to this stage, but one can't say that, judging from her history as a major addict and generally crazed person, that it's not unexpected.

She was a great actress. 

:blink:

Obviously I need to get out more. Has she done anything that the public knows her for other than American Pie?

She was the principal character in Slums of Beverly Hills which, while flawed, is still an entertaining and occasionally very funny movie.

I know quite a few "older" musicians, usually in their late 40's-early 50's with Hep C. From my experience with them, it seems like a chronic disease that you can live with but pay the price in treatments. How long you can live, I have no idea....I would imagine quite a long time...but I don't know at all.