NFL Weekly Pool

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this email today from my sister, about three of her children:

Charles called a few minutes ago: he, E-J (who had a four day weekend and came to Pgh. to visit family and friends), and Anne were driving across the Homestead Bridge toward a shopping center when they spotted Jerome Bettis beside them in a Bentley. They all waved excitedly, and he gave them the thumbs up. It happened that "the Bus" was going to same shopping center--to have lunch at P.F. Chang's. So our kids got out of the car and went over to greet him and to tell him "good job" in yesterday's game. He smiled.

...just got an email that the NFL officials have admitted to a mistake on the reversed interception call in the Colts game....better late than never.....I guess?

m~

This is one of the reasons I think the whole video reply/challenge system ought to be scrapped. The officials can get it wrong on video replay just as much as in "real time." Calling plays as they happen has always (up until now) beeen part of the game. Just keep it that way. What they're doing now is just as controversial. I really can't see any gain from it all.

The other thing I really dislike about it is the time it takes. Whenever a coach throws out a red flag I groan. Isn't it supposed to be 30 seconds that the official has to look at the replay and make a decision? But whenever there's a challenge I can go out to the kitchen for a couple of cool ones, start supper (and maybe even eat it) , listen to a 20 minute LP side, and come back and they're about to make a momentous call and start play again. Well, I'm exaggerating a bit, but they take WAY too long.

I'm sore about the bogus pass interference call against Asante Samuel that gave Denver its lead. We went downhill from there even though we had 450+ yards total offense, while their offense wasn't doing crap.

I agree with you 100%. If not for the bogus call, I thought Pats had a good shot at winning the game (even with 5 turnovers).

Well, I've been a Seahawks fan since St. Helen' blew. Tomorrow is it!!! Mt first Seahawk game was back in '79. I got from 4 tickets from Tony Dorsett, when Dallas played in Seattle.....I supplied him with a few things....I spent a night with Dorsett, Hollywood Henderson, Stabauch,Danny White, Tony Hill(grew up with him in LBC).......My old GF still talks about that nigtht. :D

An old and dear friend got me tickets to tomorrows game in a more legitimate manner. He's been working with the Hawks for a few years.

It' Hawk time!!!!

today's point spread picks

denver -3.5 vs pitts. high scoring game 47 + points combined between the teams

i know mile high will be rockin' today

i have a feeling jake the snake will come through

it will be VERY physical on the off/defensive lines

whichever team's rb has 90 + yards will win

carolina + 3 vs seattle

low scoring and close

Edited by Soulstation1