NFL Weekly Pool

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is, it shouldn't have come down to that kick, but it was cosmic payback for that botched call on the interception. What the hell was the referee looking at to rule it incomplete? And of course the Colts took that and ended up nearly stealing the game. The refs sucked too on that non-call on fourth and short. Last time I checked, if the defense comes across the line and hits someone, and they weren't drawn off, that's encroachment or offsides.

Truly a rollercoaster of a game.

All I can say is, it shouldn't have come down to that kick, but it was cosmic payback for that botched call on the interception. What the hell was the referee looking at to rule it incomplete? And of course the Colts took that and ended up nearly stealing the game. The refs sucked too on that non-call on fourth and short. Last time I checked, if the defense comes across the line and hits someone, and they weren't drawn off, that's encroachment or offsides.

Agreement on all of that. Those non-calls were totally bogus.

I was pulling for Indy (not hugely, but enough to say so), but geez Louise, that was some bullshit there.

poker game at sangry's house on saturday.....

:)

Y'all come on over! I'm not a very good player and don't really know all the rules, but I do enjoy hanging out with friends. How do you put a price on that? I don't mind losing if I have a good time doing it.

Bring lots of money too. That's exciting!

I didn't do too well this weekend, huh? The Patriots had a good chance of winning at Denver, but I think the pass interference call at the end of 1st half totally changed the momentum. The Colts were supposed to win today's game, but it looks like Pittsburgh had a great game plan. They just outplayed the Colts. At least, the last quarter was very enjoyable to watch.

Local media (in Indianapolis) are already talking about next year. Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, and Dwight Freeney will be free agents, and the Colts can't keep all three next year. This may have been their best year to win it all.

Sad but true. You wonder if Indy will ever win it now. Peyton is destined to be the next Marino.

Again, I blame Dungy for keeping his starters out for a month...

this week 1 point a game (4 points possible)

2nd week 3 points a game (12 p/p)

3rd week 4 points a game (8 p/p)

Super bowl 6 points and total points for tie breaker (6 p/p)

total 30 points possible

Ed 19 points

SS1 16 points

JM 14 points

Shawn 14 points

Conn 13 points

Noj 12 points (shoulda played first week....)

WEEK # 01 Wild Card

JM 4-0 4 points

Conn 3-1 3 points

SS1 3-1 3 points

Ed 2-2 2 points

WEEK # 02

NOJ 4-0 12 points

SS1 3-1 9 points

Ed 3-1 9 points

Conn 2-2 6 points

JM 2-2 6 points

Shawn 2-2 6 points

WEEK# 03

Ed 2-0 8 points

Shawn 2-0 8 points

SS1 1-1 4points

Conn 1-1 4 points

JM 1-1 4 points

WEEK # 04 Super Bowl

Edited by Soulstation1

colts were FLAT in the first quarter

:cool:

They were flat since San Diego spoiled their perfect season. I tell you, everybody looks at Manning and Brady and a few others, but this kid Roesthlisberger is the real deal. 15- 1 in his rookie year, and this year, Pittsburgh would probably be playing at home in the playoffs if he hadn't missed a few games. He's cool under pressure. I kind of like the Steelers chances in Denver.

And get rid of these cursed challenges. Just let the call on the field stand, for better or worse.

Not too often does a single act of officiating create serious doubt as to the final outcome of a game, but you gotta wonder about that interception that Grossman thre after the play clock was already expired. Pretty much ended the game, and it was a true "play that shouldn't have happened".

No guarantees that the Bears pull it out if the penalty gets called, but DAMN....

No guarantees that the Bears pull it out if the penalty gets called, but DAMN....

I'm sore about the bogus pass interference call against Asante Samuel that gave Denver its lead. We went downhill from there even though we had 450+ yards total offense, while their offense wasn't doing crap.

Poor officiating in almost every game this weekend.