organissimo reviewd on "Listen Here!"

Jim Alfredson

This just in from Mitchell Feldman, our radio promotions guru:

Mr. Mitchell,

I produce Listen Here! with Neil Tesser and Mark Ruffin.  Neil asked me to send you a quick email.  Program #41, which features Organissimo, will air October 4th through the 11th.  If the band will be listening to the show on the Web (www.listenhereradio.com) they should know that the episode will repeat every 59 minutes during that week and that the new music reviews are all within the first 12 or so minutes of the hour. We cover a lot of records in this episode, so Organissimo's piece is brief, but I hope they enjoy it.

Andy Rosenstein

Producer - Listen Here!

Now, how frickin' cool is that?!

:g

You guys had to go and get all famous on us.  :angry:

Yes, it's only a matter of time before the drugs, the appearances on Piano Jazz, and visits to this website from the suits at the Big O label, who will depart in a shocked and distraught state after seeing Berigan's Tyra Banks thread.

Well, one out of three ain't bad.

;)

• 7 months later...

Up, because Randy called me tonight to say that he heard us on another episode of "Listen Here!" this afternoon. It is Episode 20 (which should be up on their website by Wednesday) and Neil Tesser gave Mark Ruffin a blindfold test about new organists. They featured "Smokin' Section" and talked about the band.

Way cool!

http://www.listenhereradio.com/home.html

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the show isn't going to continue on WBLV.. According to Lazaro, people have been complaining about the show, that there's basically too much talking and not enough music. Personally, I love the show and hate to see it go.. Now there's 2 programs I love and can't listen to on the radio, Jim Wilke's show and now Listen Here. :(

Edited by randissimo

I guess the show isn't going to continue on WBLV.. According to Lazaro, people have been complaining about the show, that there's basically too much talking and not enough music. Personally, I love the show and hate to see it go.. Now there's 2 programs I love and can't listen to on the radio, Jim Wilke's show and now Listen Here. :(

i have heard him online a couple times from his seattle flagship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ever checked this place out as a performing venue?

http://www.nighttowncleveland.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another beautiful performance place in cleveland is the bopstop

Sorry about that Randy. All of the listener feed back we've read on "Listen Here" was negative. Not that it was a lot, but it was all negative. Not one letter in support of the program.

And Wilke...Yes, he's my first choice, but when Public Radio International split from Minnesota Public Radio the cost of Wilke's program hit a price we can't sustain for over night jazz programming. Almost the price of a new staff position. Blue Lake was one of the first stations to broadcast Wilke and we kept him for more than 20 years. If THEY hadn't changed we would have stayed with it.

So our Sunday night programming last week was: 6 p.m., Listen Here; 7-10 p.m. Jazz From Blue Lake with Foley Schuler; 10 p.m. Jazz Profiles.

Starting this Sunday, 6 p.m. Jazz Profiles; 7-10 p.m. Jazz From Blue Lake with Lazaro Vega; 10 p.m. Night Lights.