The Vault is about to be opened...

Hardbopjazz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... so far the opening of Horace's vault is much like when Geraldo finally got into Capone's.

Yeah, I didn't expect that the only music available would be a CD that was put out as "Re-entry" and I wouldn't be surprised if it can be tracked down still, instead of anyone paying $35 for the original Silveto disc. :blink:

Unless of course the Silveto disc comes autographed. :P

What's the deal with this link? I keep getting redirected to the Verve site. :unsure:

Anyway, so far the opening of Horace's vault is much like when Geraldo finally got into Capone's.

MY link???? :blink: IMPOSSIBLE!!!! :rmad: I NEVER give bad link. :g Besides, Horace gives me 3 cents for every autographed book or photo sold from this link. :w

The one thing the site has is a jazz forum. I guess he wants to give this place a run for its money.

I'm serious. What are you guys seeing that I don't? All I get is a redirect to the Verve site. :unsure:

I had trouble navigating before but Ron's link to the $50 t-shirt got me into the site.

The one thing the site has is a jazz forum. I guess he wants to give this place a run for its money.

Can't find the forum. Got a link?

I'd pay somebody $25 to ask him why he fired Tyrone Washington. :g

In the middle of this page is a link:

http://www.horacesilver.com/fanfeast/index.php

(there are also two video performances under "video" - both look to be early 70s, I wonder if anyone can identify the other players?)

(there are also two video performances under "video" - both look to be early 70s, I wonder if anyone can identify the other players?)

Andy Bey (vocal), Cecil Bridgewater (trumpet), Mickey Roker (drums) are all easily recognizable. I would guess that the guitarist is Richie Resnicoff, and the tenor is Harold Vick. Although we never see the bassist, it is probably Bob Cranshaw.

Can't find the forum. Got a link?

I'd pay somebody $25 to ask him why he fired Tyrone Washington. :g

In the middle of this page is a link:

http://www.horacesilver.com/fanfeast/index.php

Got it, thanks. Had to make a firewall adjustment.

also from the vault.....

This was fun! Back in the mid-60's, I remember reading an article about Horace, probably in Down Beat, in which he mentioned that he had done a Tab commercial. I only saw the ad one time, but Horace's music was unmistakeable. Would love to see it again. I guess his Coca-Cola connection resulted in more than one gig, although this spot was obviously much more recent.