Oktoberfest!

catesta

hehe :D

No chance, the place was packed, inside and out.

The cops actually showed up twice in response to noise complaints. Management ended up shutting the doors and windows so you couldn't hear the band outside.

:wacko:

Maren may have been the one that complained since I didn't call to let her know I was going to be there. ;)

Of course I would have called if I knew we are going to make a stop in her neighborhood.

It's not the best, their Frühlingsbock, which is helles, is much better. This one is good for a dark Bock though, in spite of a tad too much alcohol in the smell.

Those bottles are mighty hefty, security glass or whatever, and no cans available. Posting this stuff across the pond costs an arm and a leg. Better you wrap yourself in some brown paper and send here.

and BTW, Oettinger is the stuff that only the students and the assis drink. It not only costs just 40 cents a bottle, it also has very little bubbles and so you can drink it much faster than other beer. Cheap thrills! :P

Me and bock beer do not agree... too much sugar and/or alcohol. I get the kind of hangover where you think you're better off without a head.

A local store got in Hofbrau House's Oktoberfest bier. How is it? Their "regular" beer (a Helles?) never impressed me. Seemed like it was brewed for the tourists.

Kevin

Hey, all of us poor students in Bayern drank Oettinger 22 years ago! :P You buy it to store out on the ledge at night to keep cool...and you don't feel bad about lost money if a bottle slips off the ledge and smashes below. Actually, the Hefeweisse isn't all that bad.

Kevin, I just had a keg of the helles and it was fantastic. Sadly, it's drained.....awaiting transport in my trunk back to the distributor.

Would have made a nice back cover photo for the 1st cd. :cool:

• 2 years later...