History?

felser

Well, I'm a former BNBBer, too. But I'm a slut - this is one of four jazz BBs I frequent. And say what you like about the others - good, bad or indifferent - their members virtually never feel the need to diss other places. Which I like. To be fair, that sort of crap NEVER comes from the members of Organissimo. Which means I'll go and order their new CD. Right now.

Well, I'm a former BNBBer, too. But I'm a slut - this is one of four jazz BBs I frequent. And say what you like about the others - good, bad or indifferent - their members virtually never feel the need to diss other places. Which I like. To be fair, that sort of crap NEVER comes from the members of Organissimo. Which means I'll go and order their new CD. Right now.

Kenny, that's because they edit out posts mentioning other BBs. I have been edited and threatened with expulsion on other boards for comments I made about "other boards" or about music by "clients" of the board in question.

Worst I ever got here was nonsense from GregN.

I joined up after Randy reccomened I check it out so as to up to date on the bands playing schedule. I lurked for awhile because I was so blown away by the knowledge that so many have here and I was afraid I would look like a fool. But then I noticed that everybody gets the pretty much the same amount of derision and so here I am basking the glory of all this greatness. :wub:

I joined up after Randy reccomened I check it out so as to up to date on the bands playing schedule. I lurked for awhile because I was so blown away by the knowledge that so many have here and I was afraid I would look like a fool. But then I noticed that everybody gets the pretty much the same amount of derision and so here I am basking the glory of all this greatness. :wub:

Indeed. I just got here, and have been into the music for 33 years, and Nessa has already nailed me twice (once for no prices on my trade list, once for choice of grammer). Guess that means I'm one of the guys now!

Indeed. I just got here, and have been into the music for 33 years, and Nessa has already nailed me twice (once for no prices on my trade list, once for choice of grammer). Guess that means I'm one of the guys now!

Nessa's creepy that way!!! :beee:

I just got here, and have been into the music for 33 years, and Nessa has already nailed me twice (once for no prices on my trade list, once for choice of grammer).  Guess that means I'm one of the guys now!

Yeah, I'd say you were. The Cobblestone thread cinched it for me. That's a label that came and went in my vey first years of discovering jazz, and so many of that label's releases have great sentimental, as well as musical, value to me.

That's sorta how it works around here, the occasional "nailing" as you call it. "Politeness", although always appreciated and encouraged, is in no way mandatory, especially when it interferes with the clear and concise expresion of an idea. If you "get personal", literally, you get bounced. But if you "take it personally", well, that's a choice that you choose to make. Such a vibe does lead to some, uh...., "bumpy" exchanges, but that's just kinda how we roll here sometimes.

Anyway, welcome. Again!

I started looking online for places to get news and views about jazz and toss my occasional $0.2 into the fray. I went to the Jazztimes BB, which devolved into a taunting fest with trading insults. Next I tried AAJ, but everytime someone said something that wasn't mostly vanilla a moderator jumped in and quashed the discussion. That reminded me too much of my Catholic grammar school days, so I nixed that. But what did come through once on AAJ was a mention of organissimo, so I tried .com & nothing, googled and got nothing and finally hit on org! I love this place, it's lively with tons of knowledge(I've learned a LOT here) and also a lot of people with a good sense of humor.

He's here through the weekend, folks, with a matinee on Sunday!

And, as always, no cover and no minimum! BTW, my magic moment of live music was Keystone Korner in San Fran in, I think, September 1976. Triple bill. Opening act, Bobby Hutcherson quintet. Second act, Max Roach quartet with the great Billy Harper and Reggie Workman, show closer, Dexter Gordon quintet, Dex had just returned from Europe. Only time I was ever there. Great club. What a night! Cover was reasonable (don't remember price),and I was able to do the minimum with a slightly overpriced coca cola or two.

Edited by felser

Me too...when the Blue Note board got arsy I got off and then this happened so I have been here for a while now

I do not do the other boards at all...never have..maybe once on jazz corner thing..but cannot remember anything about it

The thing I like about here is a mixture of music...mostly blue note related but not only and some serious sharing of info and other stuff too :D