Stupid question about nbew Monk/Trane

medjuck

I downloaded mine from the iTunes Music Store because I was too impatient to wait for a hard copy to arrive in Santa Barbara. (Actually I still haven't seen it here-- though I haven't really looked.)

When I burned it to cd I left the usual 2 seconds between cuts but I find that the appluase between numbers ends abruptly enough to be distracting. When I play it on iTunes where I have no space between cuts the tunes almost run into each other with very little applause between them.

So my stupid question is: On the cd do the cuts have a pause between them or do they have just a bit of applause between them? (Or is it something else entirely that iTunes is fucking up?)

I noticed the same thing. I think it's because on a lot of live albums, the cuts are kind of blended together, even though there's an official separation between tracks.

If you burn the CD straight through, it works fine. If you burn it track by track, you get the abrupt ending.

Haven't figured out how to sove it in iTunes yet. Sometimes I join tracks, but usually only on studio stuff (e.g., the suite on Side A of Ballad Of The Fallen - if you don't merge 'em, the tracks end abruptly). For live stuff, I live with it, knowing that the CD player is still the optimal playback system - the iPod is for convenience, but what convenience!

Some people have asked me why I keep the CDs after they've been loaded into iTunes! What kind of reply can I give them?

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand