Happy Birthday Frank Zappa

7/4

Check http://www.zappa.com today.. looks like the ZFT will have a concert recording of the "Petit Wazoo" orchestra from 1972 out soon. Personally, I've been waiting for a decent recording of this for years.

Happy birthday FZ. Music is the best. :)

I'll believe it when it is in my CD player. I thought the Joe's Domage or whatever the hell it was called was going to be the Petite Wazoo concert, but it turned out to be a very boring rehearsal, take after take-in-the-studio recording

FZ died far too young! I saw him several times in concert between 1978 and 1984 and wished the 1988 tour hadn't self-destructed in Europe. I did a phone interview with him in 1989; my favorite moment was when I asked him about the quote of "Hallelujah, I'm a Bum" in "Rhymin' Man" and he replied, "You're right--you're the only person that knows that song!" Actually, it wasn't that unusual for a jazz fan who also dug his work, but the average rock writer, dj or fan would have been clueless.

I hope the FZ vault is forthcoming with more unreleased treasures at a faster pace. Bootleg audience cassettes of live performances are hardly satisfying.

alright, I placed my order. Just under $22 for a single CD with standard shipping!! Wow. Let's see if they come through- last time I ordered from them, it went to my old address (even though I had been at my new address for over a year and had updated everything before I placed my order). Thankfully it was forwarded to me.

Check http://www.zappa.com today.. looks like the ZFT will have a concert recording of the "Petit Wazoo" orchestra from 1972 out soon. Personally, I've been waiting for a decent recording of this for years.

Happy birthday FZ. Music is the best. :)

I am not sure about Petit Wazoo concert recordings being released - I just see this new "Joe's Xmasage" thing, and this looks like some pre-Mothers Zappa, something I (and I belive majority of Zappa music fans) would not consider a priority for a FZ vault release.

If you are refering to "Joe's Domage" released earlier this year, these are Petit Wazoo band rehersal tapes, largley unlistenable, as mentioned above.

My only (merely remotely realistic, alas) hope is that somebody one day will buy out Zappa's vault from ZFT to manage his musical heritage properly - I do not have slightest illusion that ZFT is willing/able to do it competently by themselves.

Edited by Д.Д.

Guest akanalog

well her best sucks. she should put someone in charge who can do this competently.

in fact, she would make more money that way since there is a large contingent of eager people willing to spend money for anything worthwile the zappa family spits out there.

it is hard to screw this up, but she is doing it.

here's the link. http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.as..._id=8495&sfid=2

It is (allegedly, anyway) the Petite Wazoo release we have been promised, although it is only one disc, instead of the earlier promised 2 disc. I agree that the Zappa legacy is being badly mishandled. What a shame

Thanks Greg, I missed it somehow. Indeed, looks like a Petit Wazoo concert!

well her best sucks. she should put someone in charge who can do this competently.

in fact, she would make more money that way since there is a large contingent of eager people willing to spend money for anything worthwile the zappa family spits out there.

it is hard to screw this up, but she is doing it.

Exactly! :tup

Guest akanalog

the fact that the guy who likes the funny rat music and who's screenname is those symbols i should know but don't and don't know how to reproduce couldn't even find the freaking disc in question on the site is indictment enough that it is poorly constructed and difficult to use.

the fact that the guy who likes the funny rat music and who's screenname is those symbols i should know but don't and don't know how to reproduce couldn't even find the freaking disc in question on the site is indictment enough that it is poorly constructed and difficult to use.

The Zappa website is over programmed.

Guest akanalog

yeah it feels to me like someone had the bad idea- "alright how can we exude the spirit of frank zappa through his website?" and tried to go about this and just made an annoying mess.

Yeah, Zappa.com could use another redesign, it looks too much like "2002" with all the Flash crap. Anyway, like every FZ fan I've become increasingly disappointed with all the ZFT's false promises and mediocre releases over the last few years. I really hope they've finally got their act together, but I'm not holding my breath...

They should take a hint from King Crimson/DGM or the Grateful Dead regarding archival releases.

Edited by DatDere