for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great new additions in the 2.99 Euro range to be had. 2 out of 3 of the Chet Baker Prestige compilations, Bobby Timmons Trios, lots of Charles Earland and another Eric Kloss !

does anyone know whether these additions are stuff from the Juli Merkheft... (and i can wait and get them at the store in two weeks) or whether they are items that have to be ordered in the internet? would be very thankful for a reply (left so much money at their store during the last few weeks and would appreciate the possibility to wait till july begins)

Some great new additions in the 2.99 Euro range to be had. 2 out of 3 of the Chet Baker Prestige compilations, Bobby Timmons Trios, lots of Charles Earland and another Eric Kloss !

does anyone know whether these additions are stuff from the Juli Merkheft... (and i can wait and get them at the store in two weeks) or whether they are items that have to be ordered in the internet? would be very thankful for a reply (left so much money at their store during the last few weeks and would appreciate the possibility to wait till july begins)

yes, they should be in there. I today already got the two Baker's, the Kloss, Timmons and one of those Earland and tried Chet already... :)

I've bought CDs from the Fantasy labels at their Frankfurt shop that never appeared on their website (too few copies, I guess) - and they offered others online I never saw in the shop, so you never know. To make sure, I ordered those online I really wanted to have, and still went to the shop ..... :rolleyes:

For those still having money in the pocket, 2001 is now selling finally the Sonny Rollins Freelance years 5CD box for 15€ (and if you don't have it, buy it now).

I'm having trouble filling out the order form for this; didn't they once have the option of English language?

True Brit eh? :blush:

find your items, click on [notieren]

a [bestellzettel] link will pop up in the right column with your item(s) in it.

to check out, click on the [bestellzettel] link in the right hand column

check the box just below the listing (near the [AGB] link)

click the [weiter] button

login or enter your data (use a dictionary, you are living in Großbritannien)

click the [weiter] button

enter credit card secrets; click the [weiter] button

glance over and click the "Bestellung abschicken" button

Yeah, managed that bit but the payment page was different from last time. I'll check again later. Cheers John.

Done! :)

I've bought CDs from the Fantasy labels at their Frankfurt shop that never appeared on their website (too few copies, I guess) - and they offered others online I never saw in the shop, so you never know. To make sure, I ordered those online I really wanted to have, and still went to the shop ..... :rolleyes:

thank you!

these days i'm pretty much addicted to their shops i was in düsseldorf twice yesterday (but bought nothing) and once in cologne... so i thought if i can get around beginning to order stuff at their website additionally that would be better :unsure: (on the other hand there are the Patterson/Stitts, the Clay / Fathead Newman, ...)

i asked the guy in cologne whether those records were out of their program or not yet really in it and he couldn't tell... now i have to work for at least two hours before i can allow myself to go to 2001 again...

ordered the Monk and Rollins sets for a friend and though the disks are the same (K2 masters), these are not nicely packaged in thick cardboard box with booklet. You get a bare bones packaging deal without any info on who plays on what tune. So this is similar to the last stock of the larger OJC sets they had: disks only and not much more. Still a hell of a deal!

• 3 weeks later...

Just had another excellent ordering experience from zweitausendeins. Picked up the Dexter Gordon Complete Prestige, Complete Stax Volume 2, Sonny Rollins Freelance Years and Debut Records Story.

Ordered online on July 2nd, shipped on July 5th, and received it in New York City on July 10th. Pretty amazing. And all 4 boxsets cost me less shipped from zweitausendeins than pretty much the Gordon alone would cost around here.

• 2 weeks later...

1 502925 THE COMPLETE DEBUT R... 29.99 29.99

sorry, they cannot be retrieved via search but list cds->jazz and sort by and (EDIT:) as well by enteringthe above article number into the "Bestellzettel" directly

Edited by tjobbe

Plus a free copy of Schopenhauer's lesser known Die Kunst, Recht zu behalten. Also available free here, so there is no need to order the Mingus just to get the book.

Please send the amount you're willing to pay for the Schopenhauer (I skipped it twice already...) my way! Send PM for paypal details of postal address in case you prefer to send cash. Will help me fund the Mingus and pay off the debt on my card from the last huuuuge OJC order... :g

Thanks tjobbe. I have just placed my order! :w

Me too! Thanks Oliver! :tup

And also available for anyone who wants to fill out an order and save on shipping:

Thelonious Monk--The Complete Prestige Recordings (3 CDs)--6 Euros!

The Debut Records Story (4 CDs)--8 Euros (even better than the Concord Blowout Sale price of $20!)

The Contemporary Records Story (4 CDs)--15 Euros

Just had a check for the return of the Bill Evans 'Consecration' and 'Last Walz' sets and no sign of those puppies yet.

Why that? I know exactly where in which shelf they stand... :P

(although I have no idea how long it will take until I'll have played them all through...)

Do they have these sets in the 2001 (?) stores as well? If so, which is the closest store to Belgium? I'll be there in just a few days. :g

the Cologne one which is 2h by Car or train, but you might want to call before going there at +49.221.2573550.....

Cheers, Oliver

Edited by tjobbe

if you are anyway ordering the Mingus Debut :D ... check out the following article 502714 and you will get the Loney Star as the missing of the three Prestiges now....I myself overlooked it when fightingmy way through the website today.

Cheers, Oliver

OK, I just went crazy with another huge zweitausendeins order....thanks alot guys, my credit card company loves you! :(

Hopefully this order arrives quickly, and....well, just arrives. :P

Mingus Complete Debut

Monk Complete Prestige

Nat Adderley - Work Song

Wes Montgomery - Fusion!

Wes Montgomery - So Much Guitar!

Wes Montgomery - The Alternative

Booker Ervin - Heavy!!!

Cannonball Adderley - Paris 1960

Paul Bley - Circles

Ron Carter - Third Plane

Roland Kirk/Jack McDuff - Kirk's Work

Montgomery Brothers - Groove Yard

Wes Montgomery Trio - Guitar on the Go

Oliver Nelson/Eric Dolphy - Straight Ahead

Jimmy Giuffre - Jimmy Giuffre

Jimmy Giuffre - Tangents in Jazz

Joe Henderson - State of the Tenor Vol 1&2

Japan - Oil on Canvas (06 remaster)

Japan - Gentlemen Take Polaroids (06)

Japan - Tin Drums (06)

David Sylvian - Brilliant Trees (06)

David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive (06)

David Sylvian - Alchemy: An Index of Possibilities (06)

David Sylvian - Gone to Earth (06)

Ringo Starr - The Anthology...so far (yeah, it's a guilty pleasure kinda thing - but 3 discs for €4.99...heck I can sell it for more than that if it sucks)

BTW:

does anyone have an opinion (positive or negative) on those two sets

B00000FXNT.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

(502924, 9,99€) and a three-fer from Pablo called The greatest concert in the world (502927, 7,99)

B000000XNT.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

as specially the second one is tempting

Cheers, Oliver

Edited by tjobbe