for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are anyway ordering the Mingus Debut :D ... check out the following article 502714 and you will get the Loney Star as the missing of the three Prestiges now....I myself overlooked it when fightingmy way through the website today.

Cheers, Oliver

Wow, muchos gracias Mr Tjobbe. Say, you don't work for Zweitausendeins customer support do you? :g

I didn't have the 'Lonely Star' so this completes the trio. :tup

if you are anyway ordering the Mingus Debut :D ... check out the following article 502714 and you will get the Loney Star as the missing of the three Prestiges now....I myself overlooked it when fightingmy way through the website today.

Excellent, thanks! How did you find this? I seem to have tried everything but didn't stumble across this album. The sort function doesn't seem to work as it's supposed to (listing freshly added items first or last).

Edited by Kyo

What's the Lonely or Loney Star and what trio does is complete? Pardon my ignorance...

'Lonely Star' - It's the third of the disks with Chet Baker's Prestige material with Kirk Lightsey and George Coleman. Very nice they are too - the others are 'Stairway To The Stars' and 'On A Misty Night'.

Edited by sidewinder

When I retire I think I'll get me a part time job there so that I can get the staff discount. :D

And what will you do after spending all your wages on the CDs ...... :P

Hmmm - good point ! :)

More nuggets found on the site:

Magic number ' 502813' gets you Jaki Byard's 'Last From Lennie's :excited:

502686 - Sonny Criss 'This Is Criss'

502916 - JJ & Nat Adderley 'Yokohama Concert Vol 2'

502661 - Don Sleet 'All Members'

502807 - Mal Waldron Memorial Album.

I've added the Byard and JJ/Nat to my order. Had resigned myself to paying £12+ over here for the Byard.

Excellent, thanks! How did you find this? I seem to have tried everything but didn't stumble across this album. The sort function doesn't seem to work as it's supposed to (listing freshly added items first or last).

you need to directly enter those article numbers I posted earlier directly into the shopping card or browse through the full list of Jazz CD's rather...

What's the Lonely or Loney Star and what trio does is complete? Pardon my ignorance...

'Lonely Star' - It's the third of the disks with Chet Baker's Prestige material with Kirk Lightsey and George Coleman. Very nice they are too - the others are 'Stairway To The Stars' and 'On A Misty Night'.

Ah, I see... ok ones, yes - but I have the five digipack 20bit discs of these sessions...

Oh, would someone order the "This is Criss" for me and send it my way? I missed that one :(

you need to directly enter those article numbers I posted earlier directly into the shopping card or browse through the full list of Jazz CD's rather...

Thanks. I'd browsed through the "Jazz-Reste" list earlier and didn't see

anything new. Didn't realize the full jazz CD list might include more of those titles.

Thankfully (at least from my wallet's point of view) the Chet is the only disc I

hadn't already seen and/or bought at the local 2001 store today. But I really

need this album (got the other two already).

I guess it's just a matter of time until the OTHER Jaki Byard quartet disc

with Joe Farrell shows up. That's one of the few releases that I'm really

looking forward to (as well as a bunch of Bill Evans albums that'll finally

complete my collection of his works for Riverside and Fantasy). :)

And of course the Joe Henderson Milestone Years box... :w

Do they have these sets in the 2001 (?) stores as well? If so, which is the store closest to Belgium? I'll be there in just a few days. :g

the düsseldorf store still had it yesterday... (though cologne is certainly a little closer to belgium, admittedly when I am in both cities on a day I also go to both stores, sometimes it pays off, mostly it doesn't :) )

also waiting desperately for the other jaki byard at lennies CD to turn up, after getting the "last" one on monday... I really hadnt expected so much great new stuff don sleet, don wilkerson "texas twister", joe albany wth warne marsh, barry harris "newer than new", zoot sims at falcon lair... to turn up just in the middle of a month... others I still hope for are howard mcghee, the 1960s contemporary stuff with phineas newborn and teddy edwards... more don patterson!

in the spirit of the above Ella Concert Years recommendation, here's a few others that I got in my first (of what's now three) orders this time:

- the 4CD Basie Pablo compilation - probably about as much late Basie as I need (I have tons of 30s/40/50s early 60s discs...)

- and the Ellington Carnegie Hall concerts

So can anyone confirm by now that the Debut 12CD set is the big-sized box with booklet etc.?

So can anyone confirm by now that the Debut 12CD set is the big-sized box with booklet etc.?

sorry, no insider on this, the thing that stands around at their shops is about 30 cm times 30 cm big and has a booklet the same size, approximately half a centimeter thick, 12 CDs I don't know...but not much less, it definitely is not the 4 CD Debut records story set, will have a closer look at it tomorrow

(will have a closer look at it tomorrow and report - decided to buy it after I turned in my diploma thesis as some sort of motivation... thus didn't look at it too closely yet... but the strong interest it raises here makes me a little nervous...)

Great news about it being the big box! But no, no shipping mail yet... hoping for tomorrow, otherwise we'll only know next week!

And Niko: congrats on handing in your diploma thesis... will take me another ca. 1,5 to 2 years to finish off, and I'm by now at a point where I'm envious of anyone who's close to being done with studying! (Although what comes after is of course even more insecure, but...)

and all the best for your diploma !

thank you very much! I always thought that I already had a lot of luck during the past exams and stuff but by now I think I could use some more!

Ubu, I think you got me wrong, I have not yet turned it in but still have some things to add and (especially) livein the constant fear that my advisor will ave some more ideas about potential changes, additions...

i have a job from October on but until then I have to turn the thesis in, get the Mingus, present the thesis twice, do a horrible final examination, probably move to another appartment... so at the moment I am also looking forward very much to being finished but I doubt this state will last long after October... cheers with your box sets, :D

niko

and all the best for your diploma !

Ubu, I think you got me wrong, I have not yet turned it in but still have some things to add and (especially) livein the constant fear that my advisor will ave some more ideas about potential changes, additions...

i have a job from October on but until then I have to turn the thesis in, get the Mingus, present the thesis twice, do a horrible final examination, probably move to another appartment... so at the moment I am also looking forward very much to being finished but I doubt this state will last long after October... cheers with your box sets, :D

niko

Ah, I see... sorry! Good luck, then!

That will make you a doctor (PhD) or what? I'm still struggling with what will eventually be an master's degree, but in fact (due to me still studying along old rules and regulations) it's quite a bit more work, it seems...

Went berserk and ordered the following (now broke for the next 1 year) :rcry

* Tjader, Cal- HERE AND THERE (CD)

* Cole, Freddy - LE GRAND FREDDY (CD)

* Cain, Jackie/& Roy Kral - FULL CIRCLE (CD)

* Evans, Bill/& Tony Bennett - THE TONY BENNETT/Bill Evans album. (CD)

* Porta, John La - THEME AND VARIATIONS (CD)

* Tjader, Cal - BLACK ORCHID (CD)

* Verschiedene Interpreten - RITMO AFRO-CUBANO (CD)

* Holiday, Johnny - JOHNNY HOLIDAY SINGS (CD)

* Manne, Shelly/& His Men - PLAY CHECKMATE (CD)

* Mustafa Orchestra, Melton - BOILING POINT (CD)

* Newborn jr., Phineas - THE NEWBORN TOUCH (CD)

* Smith Quartet, Bill - FOLK JAZZ (CD)

* Adderley Quintet, Cannonball - PARIS 1960 (CD)

* Basie, Count/& Joe Turner - THE BOSSES (CD)

* Edison, Harry 'Sweets' - EDISON'S LIGHTS (CD)

* Gillespie, Dizzy/& Machito - AFRO-CUBAN JAZZ MOODS (CD)

* Grappelli, Stephane/& Joe Pass, N.-H. Ørsted Pedersen - TIVOLI GARDENS (CD)

* Pass, Joe - VIRTUOSO (CD)

* Sims, Zoot/& Joe Castro Trio - LIVE AT FALCON LAIR (CD)

* Terry, Clark/& Freddie Hubbard, Dizzy Gillespie - THE ALTERNATE BLUES (CD)

* Turner, Joe/& Count Basie And His Orchestra - FLIP FLOP & FLY (CD)

* Bley, Paul - CIRCLES (CD)

* Henderson, Eddie - DARK SHADOWS (CD)

* Moore, Wild Bill - BOTTOM GROOVE (CD)

* Nistico, Sal - HEAVYWEIGHTS/Comin' on up!. (CD)

* Strozier Quartets & Sextet, Frank - LONG NIGHT (CD)

* Ammons, Gene - GOODBYE (CD)

* Ammons, Gene - A STRANGER IN TOWN (CD)

* Ammons, Gene - THE BOSS IS BACK (CD)

* Ammons, Gene/& Sonny Stitt - GOD BLESS JUG & SONNY (CD)

* Bryant, Rusty - FOR THE GOOD TIMES (CD)

* Earland, Charles - FUNK FANTASTIQUE (CD)

* Earland, Charles - IN CONCERT (CD)

* Earland, Charles - INTENSITY (CD)

* Ellington, Duke - SECOND SACRED CONCERT (CD)

* Freeman, Bud - THE BUD FREEMAN ALL-STAR SWING SESSIONS (CD)

* Holloway, Red - LEGENDS OF ACID JAZZ (CD)

* Holmes, Richard Groove - BASIE'S BANDSTAND (CD)

* Holmes, Richard Groove - SUPER SOUL (CD)

* Jackson, Willis - NUTHERN'N LIKE THUTHER'N (CD)

* Jackson, Willis - SOUL NIGHT LIVE! (CD)

* Jackson, Willis - AT LARGE (CD)

* Johnson, Lonnie - BLUES BY LONNIE JOHNSON (CD)

* McDuff, Jack - THE LAST GOODUN' (CD)

* McDuff, Jack - SILKEN SOUL (CD)

* Phillips, Sonny - LEGENDS OF ACID JAZZ (CD)

* Purdie, Bernard - LEGENDS OF ACID JAZZ (CD)

* Smith, Johnny Hammond - GOOD 'NUFF (CD)

* Stitt, Sonny - GOIN' DOWN SLOW (CD)

* Stitt, Sonny/& Don Patterson - BROTHERS 4 (CD)

* Stitt, Sonny/& Don Patterson - THE BOSS MEN (CD)

* Terry, Clark - MELLOW MOODS (CD)

* Timmons, Bobby - THE PRESTIGE TRIO SESSIONS (CD)

* Wess, Frank - THE LONG ROAD (CD)

* Tyner, McCoy - SAMA LAYUCA (CD)

* Grosz, Marty - HOORAY FOR BIX! (CD)