The Sopranos

catesta

Another fine episode last night. As the story unravels, its really turning out to be one of the best seasons so far. The possibilities of what could happen seem more intense than ever before.

By the way, Bobby Bakala shooting the rapper in the ass was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

I agree.

Is this a "kinder, gentler" Tony or will Phil wind up in "cement shoes"??

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fine episode last night. As the story unravels, its really turning out to be one of the best seasons so far. The possibilities of what could happen seem more intense than ever before.

By the way, Bobby Bakala shooting the rapper in the ass was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

That was hilarious. The supposed "bad ass" rapper yelling that he was shot in the ass was priceless. :lol:

As for the rest of the show. The Paulie "Walnuts" thing was very disturbing. At the end when he beat the kid up, I couldn't tell if he was looking to get the $4k because he had a change of heart about his mother/aunt, or just because he was pissed the dude's mother made him cry. :unsure:

It most definitely seems as if Tony is going to soften up some. We'll see how that plays out.

I thought the appearance by Hal Holbrook was an interesting one.

The wideguy goes into hiding, Johnny Sack loses face and Frankie Valli makes the hit parade.

On the money for an ostentatious New Jersey wedding scene. The band was perfect with the frontman doing Sinatra and Dino.

Too bad for Johnny Sack, this could be the end of him. If so, maybe Tony decides against the hit on Rusty. After all if Phil does indeed become the real Boss there will be a major problem between him and Tony with Johnny out of the picture. Tony may need Rusty.

• 2 weeks later...

it's about time they got rid of Franki Valli, as he CANNOT act - that's cause enough to wack him -

After last night, I wish it would have been Artie that was killed.

How many ways can they have Artie freak out? Does it have to be shown over and over and over... We get the idea that he's losing it, we don't need to be beaten over the head with it!

You all know I'm a big Sopranos fan, but Frankie Valli's rubout was a little unrealistic in my book.

These are two verteran mobguys and alarm bells don't go off when a car parks in the driveway, blocking thier egress?

Didn't these guys ever see any mob movies?

Maybe if they knew what egress meant they would have been more alert.

I wonder where, if anywhere, they're going with this sub-theme of America becoming "Old World"? Tony's "mellowing" might be a part of it. Or not.

Also wondering if we're going to see a collaboration between "the business" & the Feds to go after "potential Arab terrorists"? That's kinda been running in the background for a while now too.

Agreed that the most recent episodes have lacked "high impact", but if seeds are being sown for a big payoff later on, I'm all for it. Plenty of interesting "little details" that could really go somewhere later on.

do you guys know the story about the jazz group playing the Mafia bar in New Jersey? A guy comes over to the bandleader and says,"hey the boss would like to sing a song with youse." "Sure, fine, what would he like to sing?" "Strangers in the Night, in 5/4 time." So the boss comes up and starts singing:

"Strangers in the fuckin' night,

exchanging fuckin' glances,

wondering in the fuckin' night,

what were the fuckin' chances..."

You all know I'm a big Sopranos fan, but Frankie Valli's rubout was a little unrealistic in my book.

These are two verteran mobguys and alarm bells don't go off when a car parks in the driveway, blocking thier egress?

Didn't these guys ever see any mob movies?

Indeed totally unrealistic.

In my opinion the show has jumped the shark big time. I'll continue to watch because it's almost over, but I'm not going to be all that sad when it's gone.

Of course my mind can still be changed, but I'm not too optimistic.

Also wondering if we're going to see a collaboration between "the business" & the Feds to go after "potential Arab terrorists"? That's kinda been running in the background for a while now too.

Maybe Tony turns in the terrorists, and the Feds close their books on the Soprano investigation.

Here are my Top 10 Most Unlikely Sopranos Plot Twists --

10. Carmela hires Kevin Finnerty to install the heating system in her spec home. He botches the job and Tony has him clipped.

9. Lauren Bacall finds Chrissy and bludgeons him with her false teeth.

8. Uncle June busts out of prizon with the help of a 7-foot tall mute Indian they call the Chief. They settle in Western Canada, somewhere near Vancouver.

7. Silvio becomes the lead guitarist of the Asbury Jukes.

6. Johnny Sac uses his prison gay sex "pass" to get more cigarettes.

5. Benny gets beat up by Bobby Bacala's fat kid.

4. Tony kills Phil Leotardo in a freak quayle hunting accident.

3. AJ stars in Van Helsing 2 with Ben Kingsley.

2. The bear shows up at the next big family get-together at Tony's and Carmela's, ripping everyone from limb to limb, until Artie Bucco pops a cap in the bear's ass.

1. Rusty becomes the "cleaver" and finally kills Tony.