Borders Coupons

mgraham333

Questions for our foreign friends:

David James said:

Sure wish they'd extended that 30% off deal until the 20th when the Ray Charles Atlantic sessions are scheduled to be released. Even at Border's inflated prices, that would have made this available at a fairly reasonable cost.

Is it not possible to pre-order and use the discount in that way? I know that it's not possible to use the coupon online (right?) but could you order perhaps in-store? I'm sure you've already thought of this.

I know for sure it is not possible to order something in store and use a coupon for it. I tried it last year- I even had the checkout person convinced that she should let me use the coupon, but the register wouldnt take it.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for this ongoing series of savings!.

Used mine today to get Simon Ford's book on the S. I.

Two things tho:

1) At the bottom of my receipt, I got another "coupon"

for 25% off(?!) Have you guys looked closely at your receipts

after you use your coupon? (or was it just our local store?)

and 2) I haven't been in a Borders for many months,

but a few weeks ago the local one here in Dallas drastically

cut back on their music stock. They took away two dividing walls and

opened it wide to include the book area too and the CD stock was slashed by,

I'd say, about half. An area that used to feature lots of classical

is now filled with DVDs and the jazz is down to levels that you'd find

at some place like Target.

So, I'm thinkin' "hmmm, plenty of discount coupons, and reduced stock....hmmm...

is the end near"?

anyone notice this about their local Borders?

There are three Border's stores in my immediate vicinity. The one downtown that I frequent most often has cut way back on jazz. Everything else in the music section is about the same stock-wise as it's always been. Jazz just doesn't sell, at least at the brick and mortor level and if it doesn't justify the space they have been allocating to it, then, well, you do the math. The other two Border's seem to have given over a much greater portion of their available space to DVD's. Gotta think the profit margin, especially at Border's inflated prices, is much greater for those than it is for CD's.

I wondered about the spate of coupons too. These 30% hummers are few and far between, but it's not out of the ordinary for them to issue one 25% coupon after another. Who knows what that means, if anything.

Up over and out.

Yes, the one on Royal...

You mean the one in Plano is the one closer to your house?

Actually, I like to sneak-a-peek at Tower's ridiculous prices and then buy online.

There's a Barnes & Noble in Richardson that's only 3 years old

and it's going out of business in October!

Edited by rostasi

I really can't complain about the flagship Borders in downtown Ann Arbor. They have one of those elevated rooms unto themselves devoted to jazz and classical (mostly jazz) and the selection isn't nearly as bad as other stores.

I concur. Unfortuantely, out in Philly there seems to be a serious Borders shortage.

:huh:

There's a huge borders with a very large CD section at Broad and Market!!! You can't miss it!

I really can't complain about the flagship Borders in downtown Ann Arbor. They have one of those elevated rooms unto themselves devoted to jazz and classical (mostly jazz) and the selection isn't nearly as bad as other stores.

I concur. Unfortuantely, out in Philly there seems to be a serious Borders shortage.

As the sun sets on the current 30% off coupon, I'm curious as to who here used it to greatest advantage.

I used it probably four times, and my booty included the Coltrane Live in Europe box, the Bill Evans VV box as well as a couple individual CDs- the new Sonny Rollins 9/11 Concert and the Turning Point RVG.

Did anyone get the big Duke Ellington RCA box, or something similar?

Several volumes of Ton Koopman's Bach Cantatas ( :tup ), particularly nice @ 45 bucks a pop before discount, the Munch Living Stereo recording of Berlioz' Requiem, Bill Evans "California," Woody Shaw "Stepping Stones," Horace Silver's new (old) Columbia release...

Oh yeah.

That 30% brought me through the doors, baby!

Just curious- I alternate Borders stores when redeeming multiple coupons on the same day, mostly because it's convenient to do so.

Does anyone make a purchase, walk out, turn around and go back in and do it again?

Not that there's anything wrong with that............. :cool:

Anyone ever get busted for perceived "coupon abuse"?

Edited by Free For All

Yeah, it's not like they're not getting a shitload of my money as it is!

If they didn't have these coupons I might not shop there at all, since I usually buy online. I just refuse to pay full retail. I do enjoy pawing through the selection though. Almost always I leave there with more than I intended to buy.

I'm a compulsive type, what can I say?

As the sun sets on the current 30% off coupon, I'm curious as to who here used it to greatest advantage.

I used it probably four times, and my booty included the Coltrane Live in Europe box, the Bill Evans VV box as well as a couple individual CDs- the new Sonny Rollins 9/11 Concert and the Turning Point RVG.

Did anyone get the big Duke Ellington RCA box, or something similar?

If box sets are any indication, your local stores have a way better music selection than mine. I'm jealous. <_<

If box sets are any indication, your local stores have a way better music selection than mine.  I'm jealous.  <_<

I'm with vibes on this - If I'm gonna use these coupons, I have to find something or a place

better than what I've already seen. The boxsets are locked up behind a window -

can't touch them - can't see the prices on many of them...sheesh...

It's funny that the 30% coupon says "void if copied" :huh:

The 25% one adds "Any other use constitutes fraud" if you go beyond one per day.

What? Will you get stopped by the "Border(s) Patrol"? :o

The box sets are locked up at the stores here, too, but at least they're here!

I don't xerox the coupons, I just print additional copies from the original. How would they ever know if you've already used one at that location or any other?

My feeling is that they know what EXACTLY is going on- they've got you in the store, you're going to spend money (probably more than you intended). Any loss from additional use of the coupons should be negligible.

As I said before, if these coupons didn't exist I probably wouldn't shop there at all.