Borders Coupons

mgraham333

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bebop, its chilly in here!

Free For All, the Rewards proram is free. I understand some may feel that the ability to keep track of everything you buy is intrusive (and it is), but the fact is a ton of retailers are doing the same thing from most of the supermarkets in my area to sporting goods stores, office supply stores ect, ect. Hell, I think I need a man purse just to tote all the cards around.

Sundog, I will let you know.

Hey Bebop, its chilly in here!

I'm pondering this. Perhaps there is some slang or young-person's jargon involved, which would explain my cluelessness.

Simliar to the phrase "I feel a draft in here", meaning there's some harsh words being spoken in the vicinity (probably referring to my pissed-off-at-Borders comment). I think that phrase came from the Lester Young/Slim Galliard era when they were creating a "insider's" jazz language to communicate w/o people knowing what they were talking about.

I just get tired of having to join these "clubs" in order to have access to discount prices. More paperwork. Another f*cking card to carry around. And yes, it is intrusive. And I'll probably give in and join up. :rolleyes:

Simliar to the phrase "I feel a draft in here", meaning there's some harsh words being spoken in the vicinity (probably referring to my pissed-off-at-Borders comment). I think that phrase came from the Lester Young/Slim Galliard era when they were creating a "insider's" jazz language to communicate w/o people knowing what they were talking about.

I just get tired of having to join these "clubs" in order to have access to discount prices. More paperwork. Another f*cking card to carry around. And yes, it is intrusive. And I'll probably give in and join up. :rolleyes:

Thanks for hipping me. And Pres; I got big eyes for Pres.

I'm with you on the 'card' thing. I'm not willing to put my buying habits on display/sale for a few bucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heads up-

Borders is having a buy-three-get-one-free promotion for jazz and classical titles, and they're also having an educator's sale (until March 28th I believe- show an ID or check stub and get 25% off your entire purchase).

I was able to use both promotions on the same purchase and it made for a pretty decent deal.

For those here who can take advantage of this, you've got 'til next Tuesday (for the educator part of the deal). :g

http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/bookcoup_25_0405.htm

Hardly seems worth posting these anymore. The usual 25%/10% deal on CDs thru the 9th.

10% off Borders prices for non-members isn't enough to make them reasonable. I suspect members are getting coupons already, directly.

I gave them the spamtrap email address I use a while back, and I have been receiving coupons directly at that address since then. But when I went to use one of those coupons last week, the cashier asked me if I had a Borders Rewards card. I didn't, but I assumed I'd been signed up when I'd previously given them an email address. The cashier indicated that the cards would eventually replace the online coupons, so it appears that you'll have to be a Rewards member in the future to get the discounts. FWIW, I went ahead and got a card since it was free and they already had my email address (although I did have to give it to them again).

It only takes about a minute to register online (after you pick up the card at Borders), once you register they automatically give you a choice of gifts...I took the 30% coupon for a CD or DVD.

..same here, quick to sign up and I get coupons (at least 25%) on a regular basis....worth it to me.

m!