Borders Coupons

mgraham333

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Funny, I was scanning my spam folder and found a Borders email in there. Seeing yet another coupon for a specific book, I was just thinking about posting a similar message.

I guess Borders is giving the coupons a rest. Maybe a test? I know my purchases at Borders have dropped off quite a bit. Partly because I've just about picked over the jazz section at both stores and CDU/Concord/Mosaic are getting most of my business lately.

The 5% (holiday) bonus is nice. I've got a little of $30 in my "account".

• 2 weeks later...

these Borders coupons have been pretty much useless lately. I wonder if this has anything to do with the new management at the head office here in Ann Arbor. The new guy came in a few months ago and cleaned house, laying off a lot of people (some of whom had been there in the original Borders store with the Borders brothers) and generally changing the atmosphere. Not looking too good

• 2 weeks later...

I used two at the same store 10 minutes apart on Thursday.

I will try to use 2-3 more this week-end - let's see what happens.

Bertrand.

These guys really pissed me off on Saturday. Went in with a 25% off coupon that they sent me ready to buy the Johnny Cash "Unearthed" box (regular price $79). At the checkout they told me they could only give me 10% off. The coupon said 25% off anything with the exception being only 10% off for electronics. They explained to me that CDs were electronics. BS. I've used the same type of coupon before for CDs with no problem.

I wonder if the price is over a certain amount they start get more reticent about giving big discounts.

Didn't buy the box. I can get it online cheaper anyway. A-holes... :angry:

Different stores have different policies, I guess.

On Thursday, I got the elusive Saxophone Colossus 20-bit (no brown slipcase, curiously) for $9.99 + tax. 10 minutes later at the same store (18th and L street in D.C.), I got Seven Steps To Heaven (the single CD) for $6.99. I got the discount on both, no problem.

On Saturday evening I got the following items in Rockville, MD. Although at first the register did not seem to accept the discount on the multiple items, the clerk forced it through (he said it wasn't so hi-tech that he couldn't bypass it). Some of these (guess which) are for my wife (our anniversary is Thursday - couldn't wait for them to show on yourmusic.com).

Paul Simon: Surprise for $13.99

Prince: 3121 for $11.99

Belle And Sebastian: The Life Pursuit for $13.99 (limited edition with DVD)

Ike Quebec: It Might As Well Be Spring for $6.99

Donald Byrd: Royal Flush for $6.99

Spiderman 2007 calendar (25% off)

I really also wanted to get the Ornette Golden Circles, but then I remembered my backlog.

I hope there's another $5 off coupon in 2 months or so.

I got lucky, I guess. Plus I've got like $12 on my rewards card - enough for a free CD in November.

CDs are 'electronics'? What BS.

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

I used two at the same store 10 minutes apart on Thursday.

I will try to use 2-3 more this week-end - let's see what happens.

Bertrand.

These guys really pissed me off on Saturday. Went in with a 25% off coupon that they sent me ready to buy the Johnny Cash "Unearthed" box (regular price $79). At the checkout they told me they could only give me 10% off. The coupon said 25% off anything with the exception being only 10% off for electronics. They explained to me that CDs were electronics. BS. I've used the same type of coupon before for CDs with no problem.

I wonder if the price is over a certain amount they start get more reticent about giving big discounts.

Didn't buy the box. I can get it online cheaper anyway. A-holes... :angry:

I used my 25% off coupon to pick up a $60 Northern Exposure DVD set for $45. CDs are "electronics", and DVDs are not? If I were you, I'd be pissed too.